Author Topic: Another Yamaha Forum Bites The Dust  (Read 2592 times)

Offline hammer

Another Yamaha Forum Bites The Dust
« on: May 25, 2024, 04:00:34 PM »
Eileen Lowery just announced her Yamahakeyboardplayers forum will close down June 30, 2024. 

Eileen has been a huge contributor of very wise and useful advice to Yamaha keyboard owners. Her forum will be missed.

Hammer

Edit: Corrected spelling of some words and removed unnecessary line breaks by overover
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 05:26:49 PM by overover »

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline RONBO

Re: Another Yamaha Forum Bites The Dust
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2024, 05:01:55 PM »
Sorry to hear that.

I always enjoy reading Eileen's posts as they are most often bang on.

I have visited her forum many times and even though she is shutting it down and I hope she continues to participate on this forum. Here's hoping and all the best to Eileen in whatever she decides

regards,

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Online Bill

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2024, 05:19:19 PM »
Eileen Lowery just announced her Yamahakeyboardplayers forum will close down June 30, 2024.

Eileen has been a huge contributor of very wise and useful advice to Yamaha keyboard owners. Her forum will be missed.

Hammer
Hi Dean

Since Eileen is a very active member here, I am surprised you choose to announce the closure. I am sure Eileen will announce it when she is ready.  Sorry I just hate it when people talk about someone as though they are not here.

Edit: Quote adapted from Hammer's edited post by overover
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 05:34:34 PM by overover »
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline hammer

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2024, 05:24:14 PM »
Bill, 
Eileen has announced it. I’m pretty sure she has no issue with the word spreading around.

Hammer

Edit: Corrected spelling of some words by overover
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 05:38:06 PM by overover »

Online Bill

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2024, 06:24:31 PM »
I’m pretty sure she has no issue with the word spreading around.

You just don’t understand, do you.

It’s immaterial whether she does or not since you have already beat her to the finish line. I hope you enjoy your prize for getting there first.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 06:33:20 PM by Bill »
England

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2024, 06:53:11 PM »
I am shocked to see this announcement on here as it was meant for my forum uses only who have always been very loyal to me.
  Thank you Bill I appreciate your thoughtfulness. I have a very sad reasons for my decision to close but did not want to make it public.
Eileen
font]

The following users thanked this post: pieterpan, Bill, hans1966

Offline hammer

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2024, 07:46:43 PM »
Eileen,
I sincerely apologize for this post.
I had no idea you did not want
others to know. 
Deane
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 08:48:30 PM by hammer »

Online Bill

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2024, 10:21:52 PM »
I had no idea you did not want others to know. 
Deane

If you continue to dig a big hole, Texas will have it’s very own Grand Canyon, in your own back yard.
England

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2024, 12:05:56 AM »
The forum is locked up and we would not have known here that the site had to close otherwise.

Sorry to hear that it is having to close.

Offline mikf

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2024, 07:30:26 AM »
Bill
You are acting like this was someone else’s private or personal information that Hammer passed on here. It is not, these are public forums, so this is public information, Hammer did nothing wrong.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: ibrox2, Roger Brenizer, Michael Trigoboff

Offline EileenL

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2024, 11:52:37 AM »
The last thing I wanted was to cause bad feelings amongst anyone anywhere.
  I think it was the shock of seeing "Another Forum Bites the Dust" that touched a nerve. It is for that reason that I am telling you I have Lung Cancer and time to me is going to be precious. Please let us not turn this into something it isn't.
Eileen
font]

The following users thanked this post: Bill, Claudeciuba

Online Bill

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2024, 11:54:35 AM »
Bill
You are acting like this was someone else’s private or personal information that Hammer passed on here. It is not, these are public forums, so this is public information, Hammer did nothing wrong.
Mike
Hi Mikf & Roger

I did not say or imply that Deane did anything WRONG. I don’t think I was being disrespectful to Deane either.

My first post was related to simple respect for a well known, active and highly respected forum member. In my mind Deane did not even begin to think there might be a reason why Eileen did not make the announcement on this forum herself.  It was the first thing that I thought of, so as I said I was surprised Deane felt he had to break a leg to get in first.
My last post was in my opinion, jovial. I thought that Deane’s apology was sufficient without any comment or further assumptions.

However, judging by the number of likes your post has received it’s obvious that most people don’t think the way I do. Please feel free to delete any of my posts that you feel were in-appropriate.
Bill

England

Online Bill

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2024, 01:10:16 PM »
Hi Eileen

Many thanks for attempting to come to my rescue once again. I was not going to make any further posts but felt that I had to at least say thankyou.

I understand how you must feel.  I was diagnosed with Prostrate Cancer 9 months ago. Received the news on the telephone while we were sitting talking to our Daughter in Law who had flown in from Australia. I have to say that my treatment (basically radio-therapy) was completed by a fantastic team. Every day for 4 weeks at hospital was inconvenient but they made it as easy as possible.   Keep your chin up.

Bill
England

Offline Joe H

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2024, 03:09:04 PM »
The last thing I wanted was to cause bad feelings amongst anyone anywhere.
  I think it was the shock of seeing "Another Forum Bites the Dust" that touched a nerve. It is for that reason that I am telling you I have Lung Cancer and time to me is going to be precious. Please let us not turn this into something it isn't.

Hi Eileen,

My positive thoughts are with you!

:(

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline mikf

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2024, 03:13:01 PM »
Eileen, you were perfectly entitled to keep your personal health information private, and I don't believe that Hammer in any way stepped on that. I think we both know that Hammer like yourself is a long time and very well respected member here, who would never do anything offensive to anyone, least of all, you.
But now that you have shared your very concerning health situation, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Many of us on this forum have had similar news at some point in the past, and know how difficult this can be. Although we have never met, I feel that I know you after all these years of corresponding here, and I feel certain that you have the strength and character to handle whatever is ahead of you with dignity and courage.
Mike

Offline ton37

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2024, 07:41:12 PM »
sorry to hear @EileenL . I wish you the best given the circumstances and thank you for your help. I hope that the treatments work and ensure a life that is as bearable as possible.
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2024, 08:37:16 PM »
Eileen: Very sorry to hear that. Exactly what ton37 said; hope for the best possible. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Mark

Offline Michael Trigoboff

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2024, 01:21:05 AM »
Eileen,

I wish good luck and a healthcare miracle for you.
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Offline luiscarlos2000

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2024, 10:30:17 AM »
Your prairs are also with me Eileen!

I, as others, wish good luck and a healthcare miracle for you and your family.
Past Yamaha keyboards that I now don't use: PSR-S710, PSR-A2000
Current Yamaha keyboard I use: PSR-A3000
Next, or future, Yamaha keyboard I will use: PSR-A5000

Offline EileenL

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2024, 11:39:27 AM »
Thank you all so much for your kind words.
Eileen
font]

Offline pjd

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2024, 05:43:55 PM »
Hello Eileen --

Wishing you the best and thank you for all that you do!

-- pj

Offline hans1966

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2024, 10:49:13 PM »
Hello EileenL, I wish you a speedy recovery, and may you continue to illuminate this forum with your wise words.

greetings

Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline dlepera

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2024, 12:26:37 AM »
  Hello Eileen.

I too echo all the positive words mentioned in this post, wishing you all the best!

PS.  I honestly would like to see the title of this post changed though!  I find the phrase
      "Another Forum Bites the Dust" rather degrading especially for someone who is so distinguished, supportive not only on this forum but to run her own forum for the benefit of helping others and devoting her precious time and efforts for a mutual cause.  The choice to give up something you love for health reasons can also be equally hard to deal with.

With great admiration for what you have done and do.   Good Health! 
                           Best Regards........    dom

« Last Edit: May 28, 2024, 12:31:40 AM by dlepera »
Life is a learning experience and sharing it is it's biggest reward!

The following users thanked this post: Bill

Offline p$manK32

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2024, 01:36:36 AM »
I totally agree, given the further information in this thread, that the title of this post should change to something else. However it appears the intent was not to degrade. I interpreted  "Another Forum Bites the Dust"  to be related to the trend of website based keyboard forums being eclipsed or replaced by Groups on big social media giants such as Facebook, or because some forum founders in the last few years were not continuing their forums due to age or cost to run it.

Rich
« Last Edit: May 28, 2024, 01:59:11 AM by p$manK32 »
SX900, DGX-640, E373

Offline Duffy

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2024, 08:26:14 AM »
Sorry to hear your terrible news Eileen and I wish you every success and speed in your battle to regain your health.
Very best wishes, Duffy

Offline jdup

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2024, 11:21:15 AM »
May the Lord be with you, every step of the way, Eileen. And thank you for all you have done for all of us.

Best Wishes.

Jim Duprey
Jim Duprey
Genos, Bose S1 Pro (2)
Former Keyboard: PSR-S770

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2024, 04:31:39 PM »
Eileen, hang in there girl. We all love you and wish you well.  :)
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline Toril S

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2024, 08:59:18 PM »
Hang in there Eileen! You are strong, smart and fantastic. We all love you, pray for you, and wish you a speedy recovery.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline thomas750

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2024, 10:55:02 AM »
Iam sorry to hear this i hope you have a fast recovery

Thomas
I Play The yamaha prs sx 700

Offline portatone

« Reply #29 on: Yesterday at 02:44:37 PM »
Wishing you all the best, Eileen.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #30 on: Yesterday at 09:43:20 PM »
Eileen,  I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Paula

« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 11:54:46 PM »
My prayers are with you, each and every one of us may face news of Illness of some sort at any time we can only ask our God to bring us through and know that he answers all our prayers may God Bless you and your family and keep all of you strong in faith as well ,you are a dear friend to us here and are always there with musical answers regarding our Key Boards thank you so much for all your help God Bless you and continued prayers friend
  Thanks Paula D
You Tube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1xEYzY5g_0Nd5G9TkMY6mA/videos
Genos 1,Tyros 4 and Bose S1 Pro, Bose L1 Mod 2 w/tonematch
PSR S970