Author Topic: Save Button Goes To No Actions Possible  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Michael Trigoboff

Save Button Goes To No Actions Possible
« on: February 16, 2022, 12:43:49 AM »
What is the button circled in red supposed to do? If I have changed a MIDI setting, it takes me to a place where nothing can be done.

[attachment deleted by admin]
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22

The following users thanked this post: overover

Offline overover

Re: Save Button Goes To No Actions Possible
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 01:10:24 AM »
What is the button circled in red supposed to do? If I have changed a MIDI setting, it takes me to a place where nothing can be done.

Hi mtrigoboff,

There is obviously a little bug in the current Genos Firmware V2.10 in this regard:

In some cases, this "Save" icon (to the right of the name box) does not work properly. Just touch the name of the current MIDI template to open the File Selection display, then touch the "File" icon and then touch "Save". :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 01:14:43 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Michael Trigoboff

Offline alex vos

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 07:09:37 PM »
Hello from Spain:

Yes, I had the same problem, and can solve it as Overover said; so, the "Save" icon is useless to save setups.

I followed tips of Casper SynthTutor video about this issue, but problem still remains  :'( :'( :'(;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUiyCqxxVPM

So, don`t use "Save" icon, just use Overover wisdom and advices.

Best wishes, best regards.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 08:05:54 PM »
Hi all,

This bug is apparently different for different users. In my case, when I load a Preset MIDI template (directly from the Pteset tab), the Save icon next to the name box does NOT work, and I have to go the way described above (touch current name > File > Save).

However, if a previously saved User MIDI template is loaded, changes can also be saved using the Save icon next to the name. Since I basically always save the often required Preset templates (in my case "All Parts", "KBD & STYLE" and "MIDI OFF") as User templates and only use these templates later, the bug doesn't really bother me. ;)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)