Author Topic: Registrations on USB  (Read 2055 times)

Offline shadowhankron

Registrations on USB
« on: February 15, 2022, 06:32:23 PM »
Hi
After I have saved my registrations over to the USB stick, when I put USB through my laptop to view what tunes I have on it, I cannot see any tunes is there a program I need to view these tunes. Within the registrations.

Thanks
Ronnie :P
Genos 1 Keyboard / PSR S 970 /  Korg PA4X  keyboard /  Yamaha HS 7 Studio Monitors  / Motif Rack XS /
Roland Integra 7 /,Fender  Strat & Telecaster & Burns Marvin White Guitar, Tascam DP 32 track Recorder.

Re: Registrations on USB
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 08:19:28 PM »
Hi Ronnie,

The only program I know of that shows you the individual button registrations inside a registration is Murray Best's Registration Manager found here.
https://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

Murray is a member and generously devoted 1,000 of hours into developing this great tool. You can edit with it as well.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 10:24:19 PM »
Hi Ronnie,

obviously you have Registrations for several song titles in each Registration Bank.

I recommend (what many users do) using one Registration Bank for each song title and naming the Bank file with the song name. This way you have an instant overview of the song titles when you look at the Bank files (.rgt) on the computer.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 01:16:03 AM »
Hi Ronnie,

obviously you have Registrations for several song titles in each Registration Bank.

I recommend (what many users do) using one Registration Bank for each song title and naming the Bank file with the song name. This way you have an instant overview of the song titles when you look at the Bank files (.rgt) on the computer.

Best regards,
Chris
Good advice, Chris. He still has a problem if he has 5 registrations for one song (for example) in one registration bank. I think you're right though. It sounds like if he has 50 songs saved, he has only used 5 registration banks, where he should have used 50. All the same...mine is another scenario he must consider.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 01:45:37 AM »
Good advice, Chris. He still has a problem if he has 5 registrations for one song (for example) in one registration bank. I think you're right though. It sounds like if he has 50 songs saved, he has only used 5 registration banks, where he should have used 50. All the same...mine is another scenario he must consider.

Yes, you are right, Lee: "YRM" is the only program that can display the contents of each Registration within a Bank. This applies at least to newer keyboards. For older models (up to PSR-S910 and Tyros3) there are also the Registration File Tools by Kim Winther.

By the way, if you only want to see the names of the Registrations contained in a few Registration Bank files (provided, of course, that you have previously named them on the keyboard ;)), you could also simply open the relevant .rgt files on the computer in a text editor. Then you can see (in addition to many cryptic characters ;)) the names of the contained Registrations (and the file paths of the linked files) in plain text. But this is of course very confusing and only practical in exceptional cases ...

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 01:47:41 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2022, 02:49:02 AM »
Didn't know about the text file editing idea. Thanks for that Chris!

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2022, 03:03:17 AM »
Didn't know about the text file editing idea. Thanks for that Chris!

Of course you must not change anything in a Registration Bank file opened in a Text editor (e.g. Windows Editor/Notepad). Otherwise the file would no longer work afterwards.

If, when closing the Text Editor window, a message appears asking whether you want to save (because you accidentally changed something), please always click on "Don't save" so that the file is closed again unchanged.

Best regards,
Chris

Offline shadowhankron

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2022, 11:50:53 AM »
Thanks Chris and Lee for replying

As you say use one reg for a song. I actually use each reg for 10 different songs it is the way I prefer to play keyboards
So would Murry Bests program help me see on laptop what  songs are in each registrations rather that viewing them on the Genos.

Thanks again

Ronnie
Genos 1 Keyboard / PSR S 970 /  Korg PA4X  keyboard /  Yamaha HS 7 Studio Monitors  / Motif Rack XS /
Roland Integra 7 /,Fender  Strat & Telecaster & Burns Marvin White Guitar, Tascam DP 32 track Recorder.

Offline Wim

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2022, 03:25:50 PM »
At the following site you find some instruction videos. LernVideos in German. But with Google translate on you can follow it.
You can also download a manual in English at this site.

https://styles-24.de/epages/ff46e5fa-0caf-4a2e-ae78-efc83c5c1922.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/ff46e5fa-0caf-4a2e-ae78-efc83c5c1922/Categories/FAQ__Infos/YRM

regds.

Offline shadowhankron

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2022, 05:45:07 PM »
Thanks Wim, I will try follow and understand the video links

Regards
Ronnie