Author Topic: Setting up a brand new playlist from existing lists  (Read 1735 times)

Divemaster

Setting up a brand new playlist from existing lists
« on: January 19, 2022, 11:58:50 AM »
Good day to you all.

I have previously had a Tyros, and never had any issue making up my own playlists, but to say that I am almost climbing the wall trying to do the same on my SX-700 is an understatement.

All I want to do is take say 20 existing entries from (say) the Tyros 5 playlist or any other playlist, and put them into a NEW playlist. So about an hours music.

The biggest problem I've found, is that unlike the Tyros where a few simple presses took you from A to B to C  to D to E to F etc took you through the songs available alphabetically quite quickly, I find i'm having to scroll through hundreds of numbers to get to where I want. There is no alphabetical fast key on the SX series?
You can go directly to A and directly to Z, but it's a slow process getting from say A through to L or backwards from say Z to R........Unless I'm missing something?

Could some kind soul please show me an idiotproof way of how to set up let's say 6 random numbers that are already in a playlist so that I can label it as let's call it  Keiths Playlist 1.    That way I can have the numbers I want to play all in one folder on my memory stick.

At the moment I have great long gaps in my playing where I literally have to find each number, load it in, and then play it.

i HAVE looked through both the Owners and Reference Manuals, but I have to say Yamaha, these are not your best manuals.....and I've had a lot of Yamahas.

I need a very simple 'press this, then press that' type guide,,,,,I'm not finding this keyboard easy to work at the moment. The instructions in the manuals are really pretty vague.

I'd be very grateful for any help on this. Thanks.

Offline overover

Re: Setting up a brand new playlist from existing lists
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 12:31:55 PM »
... I have previously had a Tyros, and never had any issue making up my own playlists, but to say that I am almost climbing the wall trying to do the same on my SX-700 is an understatement.

All I want to do is take say 20 existing entries from (say) the Tyros 5 playlist or any other playlist, and put them into a NEW playlist. ...

Hi Divemaster,

What Tyros5 feature are you talking about here? There is no "Playlist" function on the Tyros5. Do you mean the Tyros5 Music Finder?

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 12:33:37 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 12:51:11 PM »
I have converted the MF into sections as registrations. This way you press the registration section to select them. As they are in this format you can Make a folder for your set and then save the titles you want from this list into it as registrations. You will then have what you are looking for. Don't forget to put the OTS link button on when using.

https://app.box.com/s/d7lxp366f9uwgzu8h9nnsfyszfhnaa4e
Eileen
font]

The following users thanked this post: Arnie, overover

Divemaster

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 06:24:39 PM »
Hi Divemaster,

What Tyros5 feature are you talking about here? There is no "Playlist" function on the Tyros5. Do you mean the Tyros5 Music Finder?

Best regards,
Chris

YES. Sorry Chris, of course I meant the Music Finder files on the Tyros. I basically want to make several Playlists for various occasions.

Divemaster

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 06:29:56 PM »
I have converted the MF into sections as registrations. This way you press the registration section to select them. As they are in this format you can Make a folder for your set and then save the titles you want from this list into it as registrations. You will then have what you are looking for. Don't forget to put the OTS link button on when using.

https://app.box.com/s/d7lxp366f9uwgzu8h9nnsfyszfhnaa4e

That's confused me Eileen....I can't get my head round how to do that.  I am sorry, I must be completely stupid........I am really not understanding the wretched manual. The Tyros had a 300 page manual which was amazing. This keyboard has so many different features, but is only 168 pages......it's not enough.

I am SO grateful to you both for your attempts to clarify this for me. I'll keep trying......

Thank you.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 10:50:29 PM »
Just load a registration you want into keyboard. Now just press the folder on the right top of keyboard and select Save and go to the folder you have made and open it and then press Save here. You will now see it in this folder. Just do the same with the other registrations you want to save.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 10:53:35 PM by EileenL »
Eileen
font]

Divemaster

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2022, 11:35:09 AM »
Eileen..

No wonder you are a star.

If I could send you flowers I would !!!   :) :) :) :)

Thank you SO SO much. This had me completely baffled, but with your patience and guidance I now have a much better idea of what's going on, and have managed to create a folder !

I really can't thank you enough.

Keith

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2022, 12:14:58 PM »
Pleased to have been of help to you.
Eileen
font]