Author Topic: How to set up SX600 Mic talk/non-talk activation with a pedal  (Read 1116 times)

How to set up SX600 Mic talk/non-talk activation with a pedal
« on: January 04, 2022, 12:36:51 PM »
I recently bought an SX600 to use at a house I visit regularly. I gave a Genos, and previous had Tyros keyboards. One thing I have not been able to figure out on the SX600 is how to set a pedal to switch the mic between the talk setting and the non-talk setting. The procedure in the reference guide does not work and no option to control the talk setting via a pedal actually comes up when selecting the options. The guide also says thet you can switch this setting with "a push of a button".

Has anyone done this please? If so, can you let me know how you did it?

Thank you in advance.

Offline Enildo

Re: How to set up SX600 Mic talk/non-talk activation with a pedal
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 11:50:27 AM »
Hello friend Keithvenn!

Looks like no one answered your question.
I find it very simple to do what you are looking for.
After connecting the pedal, press the "Direct Access" button and then step on the pedal.
At this point, the pedal functions will appear.
Now on the "1" button (down arrow), go down until you find the "Talk On/Off" function (Switches between Vocal and Talk in the Mic Setting),
it is the 38th function after the "Sustain" function, almost reaching the Final.
Now just step on the pedal to activate or deactivate the "Mic Talk" function.

You may need to save to Registration Memory so you don't have to do all this "script" every time.

If you can't, ask a little more, I'll be happy to help.
I hope I helped you,

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Re: How to set up SX600 Mic talk/non-talk activation with a pedal
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 08:42:18 PM »
Enildo,

Thank you for your reply, and sorry for being so late in getting back to you. I will give this a try.

Keith