PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-S910/S710 (SFF2)

turn off speakers in 910

(1/2) > >>

Shadow:
How do I turn off speakers in a 910 and use in house sound board?
Thanks Shadow

RONBO:
You might try plugging the house speaker system into the ear phone jack on the 910.

That automatically shuts the internal speakers by default

Regards.

Ron

overover:
Hi Shadow,

With the S910, the internal speakers can only be muted by connecting headphones to the PHONES socket or alternatively by plugging in a 6.3 mm TRS plug/adapter (see pictures). Switching off the internal speakers via the Utility menu (as with newer/larger models) is not possible with the S910.

P.S.
Connecting an external amplifier system to the PHONES socket using a suitable cable (e.g. stereo TRS plug > 2 * mono TS plug) is possible, but not ideal. I recommend using the Line Output sockets L/L+R and R (and, if needed, muting the internal speakers as described).

Best regards,
Chris

travlin-easy:
I do not recommend using any plug that sticks out beyond the keyboard case - too easy to accidentally hit it and break the tiny board inside the keyboard. Instead, purchase an inexpensive 1/4-inch guitar cable, then using a hacksaw remove the entire back end of the plug, leaving just the forward end of the plug and a small lip to grasp in order to remove it when necessary. No chance of any accidental encounter while playing. I filled the inner contact areas with hit melt glue to hold everything together and provide good insulation between the tip and shield contacts.

https://app.box.com/s/egtgmx7p9rk9dhr3sgwldb3knzpoo6kt

https://app.box.com/s/1asudln0d9kcmk3xek0s2ip77raa47hk

I do not recommend playing and having the onboard speakers turned on while performing. This is because you PA system may not be functioning, but you would be unaware of it because you are predominately hearing the onboard sound system. I only had this happen once. Some one had come up to request a song, and inadvertently stepped on the power cable to my Bose L1 Compact and pulled it out of the wall outlet. I could not understand why people kept motioning me to turn the volume up - they were only hearing the onboard keyboard speakers - not my Bose L1 Compact. It was quite embarrassing, to say the least.

Good luck,

Gary 8)

overover:
@travlin-easy
Hi Gary,

Your idea of cutting off a jack plug so that it protrudes as little as possible over the keyboard case when plugged in is basically a good one. BUT: You should definitely use a STEREO jack plug (TRS), because if a MONO jack plug (TS) is plugged into the PHONES socket, one channel of the headphone output is permanently short-circuited. This creates the risk of damaging the headphone amp.

Best regards,
Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version