Author Topic: Switching Between Song Mode and Regs  (Read 3005 times)

Offline Bernie9

Switching Between Song Mode and Regs
« on: December 04, 2019, 09:47:14 AM »
I will be doing a Christmas show and have a song folder and registration folder contained in my show folder.  As long as I switch between just these two folders, the song select button and the registration bank should let me change modes, and direct me to the same two folders.  Am I right?  The reason for asking is there have been times when I switch modes, the song select button takes me somewhere else. Does the instrument remember the last folder visited?  I have to make sure the right folder is opened without have to search for it.
Thanks
Bernie

Offline Bernie9

Re: Switching Between Song Mode and Regs
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 10:05:15 PM »
Maybe I am confusing in asking, but, very simply, what determines which folder opens when I hit the Song Select button.  The same for the registration buttons.

The following users thanked this post: Bill

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 10:37:20 PM »
Hello Bernie :) When you press the song select button the ecample songs folder shows. You then have to tab to your user or USB drive to see your own songs. Remember that folders can be seen in all modes, but files can only be shown in the right mode. If you for instance open a folder of songs in the style selection mode, it will appear to be empty. Style files can only be seen in style mode, songs in song mode and so on.  This is called a file masking system, and is on all Yamaha keyboards.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Paula

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 10:41:03 PM »
yes , when you begin your show put your song up in the screen, just hit the button next to the screen and will open, if you are using psr or tyros key board, I make sure that I zero the transpose if you use it in your reg. cause what ever your last reg was the transpose will follow through to the song
You Tube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1xEYzY5g_0Nd5G9TkMY6mA/videos
Genos 1,Tyros 4 and Bose S1 Pro, Bose L1 Mod 2 w/tonematch
PSR S970

Offline Bernie9

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 09:05:30 AM »
Thank you Toril and Paula.