Author Topic: maximum length of midi recording  (Read 3770 times)

maximum length of midi recording
« on: November 30, 2019, 04:30:18 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm planning on a Christmas concert for friends and family and I was hoping to record it live via midi.
Does anyone know how long a midi recording will last on the Genos please?

Thanks

Offline MusicMan

Re: maximum length of midi recording
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 07:24:01 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm planning on a Christmas concert for friends and family and I was hoping to record it live via midi.
Does anyone know how long a midi recording will last on the Genos please?

Thanks

The only limitation is disc space to store the midi file. If you purchased the largest available flash drive, 2tb, you could fit a midi file that could be as long as 600 years in duration. A 1tb flash drive could fit a midi file 300 years in duration approximately. An average 16gb flash drive could fit a 16 track midi file approximately 5 years in duration.

Offline ckobu

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 08:41:37 AM »
Song can be up to 3mb maximum. It depends on the number of measures and the amount of notes played. If the average is about 20kb per minute, you can easily calculate how long Song can take.
I think you'll be enough.  ;)
Watch my video channel

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 09:26:08 AM »
If you purchased the largest available flash drive, 2tb, you could fit a midi file that could be as long as 600 years in duration. A 1tb flash drive could fit a midi file 300 years in duration approximately. An average 16gb flash drive could fit a 16 track midi file approximately 5 years in duration.

Some prog rock tracks from the 70s seem to go on that long ... :)
Genos