Author Topic: HOW TO SAVE CHANGES MADE TO TREBLE/BASS CLEF ON A MIDI FILE PLAYED ON GENOS  (Read 3214 times)

Osvaldo De Souza

1st August 2019

I loaded a midi song (which has the melody line on CHANNEL 1)
Selected FILE/MENU
SCORE
Played the Midi File
Melody line in Channel 1 displayed both Treble & Bass Clefs
At the right hand bottom corner of the screen I pressed the circular symbol which opened up the window showing Right & Left Channels
Pressed Left Channel to " OFF " (went through 1 to 16 and the next step showed " Off ")
Screen displayed only the TREBLE CLEF

How do I SAVE these changes????

Thanks
Oz

Offline overover

Hi Oz,

on Genos you can NOT save changes made to a MIDI file in normal PLAY Mode. This is different to Tyros- and PSR-S models.

You have to do the following steps:

1. Press [RECORDING] ---> MIDI Multi Recording

2. Load the desired MIDI file

3. Make your changes (e. g. in Score window)

4. Press "Exit" (or touch "X") to come back to the "MIDI Multi Recording" window

5. Touch "Setup" to call up the Setup window

6. Be sure that you have ticked the UPPER SEVEN checkboxes (Voice to EQ)

7. In THIS case, additionally tick "Score Setting" box

8. Touch "Execute" and "Close"

9. Touch "Save" in "MIDI Multi Recording" window to save your file. (I recommend changing the file name to avoid overwriting the original file.)

P.S.
Do NOT tick "Keyboard Voice" box in Setup window. Otherwise your Keyboard Voice settings (Parts R1 - R3 and Left) would be written to the MIDI file, and you could not work with Registrations anymore, in conjunction with this MIDI file.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 07:33:11 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)