Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > Yamaha Keyboards - General

What keyboard would you recommend to me?

(1/7) > >>

3dc:
As I told in my introduction I am a complete beginner in music but I am eager to learn so I am looking for music tools that will grow with my learning process. Eventually I am hoping to make some serious film score for 3d animation and PC games. So its quite important for me that I have a solid KEYBOARD to PC workflow and plenty of high quality instruments from start. I picked Cockos Reaper and Audacity as my basic DAWs and now I am looking something from Yamaha PSR family for a (professional) keyboard.

Right now I can get a really good deal for YAMAHA PSR-S670 but I am not sure if its a good long term fit for me. I can save for month or two and get PSR-S775 but it looks to me as a slight overkill for a complete newbie. Or should I go with the cheapest PSR-E363? I must say that I really like the S670 but I am worried its already outdated. I read in other forums its not really a professional keyboard since it lacks some key features for serious music production. Also I don't see many resources and YT videos for this particular keyboard.

The other options are proper synthesizer workstations but as a beginner I am "flying blind" about them. Korg Kross 2-61, Roland Juno-DS 61 and Yamaha MX61 V2 Black are in my immediate reach while I would have to wait for some months for Yamaha MX88 and Yamaha MODX6.

So many choices.... What would you recommend for me?

Thanks in advance for help! :)

Graham UK:
3dc. Check my T2 For Sale. It would serve your requirements at a low cost.

EileenL:
I think you would be better with the 770 or 775 as these are latter keyboards and will allow you to do a little more.

ekurburski:
I know this is the PSR forums and truthfully any psr model from 670 up will do you fine.  However I did not see any mention of your planning on playing gigs live so I would recommend a different direction completely.  I would go with a keyboard controller and software like Band-in-a-Box.  Different VST's will give you a much larger choice of instrument at low cost.  In a decent computer you can have a complete studio for less than you woul have in a PSR S975.  I have a dx7 clone, software versions of the m1, poly 61 and on and on.  I'm looking at getting a steel guitar vst for my country tunes that sounds better than any of the steel players in my area. for only $150.00.  There is a learning curve required but then so is there with 3d

DerekA:
I agree with ekurbuski. This is a generalisation but ...

Arrangers are designed for sitting and playing songs.

Synths are designed for making unusual sounds or as part of a live group performance.

Creating complex scores is best done with a computer, vst, and midi controller keyboard. You can get started with any basic hardware and lots of free software.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version