The PSR Tutorial Forum (5 Boards) > Forum How To Focus

USB floppy disc emulator

(1/3) > >>

maxcocoa:
I have a psr 9000 to which I have fitted a usb emulator to try and bring up to date this fabulous keyboard, as far as I am aware it should just swop over no problem. I have a stick with tyros styles on it, but when place in the usb slot "no disk error" appears. I am not an expert, has anyone any ideas as to what is the problem. maxcocoa

Normanfernandez:
Based on a Video I saw online.
The 3 Dots on the USB Emulator should go away when you've successful Plugged a Pen Drive. " Display"

Also Tyros Styles should be SFF1

- I'm not totally sure.  Hope someone here helps.
Norman

Dick Rector:
USB drives used in the emulator should be FIRST formatted with the software that came with the emulator. A normal formatted USB stick can't be read that's why you get the error message. Later you can copy (again with using this software) files, styles, pads, voices you name it to the correct formatted stick.
Mind that each 'virtual' floppy only can hold 1.4 mb max. Usually about 30 styles.

Dick

maxcocoa:
I am not sure, is it the emulator itself which has to be formatted or the usb stick with the styles on it, if the usb stick is formatted I will lose all the styles on it. I am sorry  Iam not very good with computer speak.

keyplayer:
Hi, perhaps you could move all the styles onto your computer, format the USB then move the styles back onto the USB stick again and then see if it is recognised. Would that work?
Pam

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version