PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-S970/S770/S670 (SFF2)

Registrations on S970

(1/3) > >>

lilchris:
I am having problems with making registrations with my S970. I had a bank of 8 registrations but decided to start a new bank so I followed Fred's video on creating a new bank, ie press upper B key when switching on.
I then made two registrations in this bank and saved the name, the trouble is it saved over the top of my existing bank so I lost those, fortunately no big deal. I thought maybe I went wrong  so tried to save the file and ended up with two the same name but one you can not edit or change the name. Anyway to cut a long story short I pressed function and reset files and registrations so now no banks are showing. I will try again tomorrow now but not sure where I am going wrong. It seems a strange file system,  I am used to files on a computer but the Yamaha system seems to be defeating me.

J. Larry:
I tend to agree.  It seems simple, and should be.  However, it can get confusing fast, especially if you’re not into the technical aspects of arrangers and figuring out all the possible options for registrations.  Some of us just want to play music and not have to push so many buttons.

RoyceM:
Not saying my method for making a new bank is the best, but it works for me.

I keep an empty bank named X.  When I want to create a new bank, I copy X and give it a new name.

Good luck.

- Royce

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: lilchris on May 17, 2018, 07:57:04 AM ---I am having problems with making registrations with my S970. I had a bank of 8 registrations but decided to start a new bank so I followed Fred's video on creating a new bank, ie press upper B key when switching on.
I then made two registrations in this bank and saved the name, the trouble is it saved over the top of my existing bank so I lost those, fortunately no big deal. I thought maybe I went wrong  so tried to save the file and ended up with two the same name but one you can not edit or change the name. Anyway to cut a long story short I pressed function and reset files and registrations so now no banks are showing. I will try again tomorrow now but not sure where I am going wrong. It seems a strange file system,  I am used to files on a computer but the Yamaha system seems to be defeating me.

--- End quote ---

Chris,

Take it slow and master only one thing at a time. You tried to do two things at once (create an empty bank, and save banks). Tackle the saving part first.

To save the existing bank of registrations:
1. Press the registration button (J on a Tyros, but it could be something else on a PSR).
2. Press the Save button.
3. Give the file a name, say Reg1.
4. Press OK.

Next, save the bank again to another name, like Reg2.

Next, rename a bank:
1. Press the registration button.
2. Press the Name button.
3. Press the button next to the file you want changed (eg, Reg1).
4. Change the name (eg, to Reg3).
5. OK

Now when you press the registration button, you should see Reg2 and Reg3 as your registrations.

Next, you can try deleting one of them.

Once you've mastered the file operations, then you can start working on real registrations.

Set yourself a procedure you follow. As Royce posted, you can start with a blank bank. But if you're like me, I never bother. I just memorize over an existing registration. Just develop a procedure you're comfortable with.

Hope this helps,
Fred

andyg:
You might like to download and print out the 'bomb proof' step by step instructions found on my website. Go to the downloads page and scroll down a bit. You'll find the files for Registrations, creating a proper 'Blank Bank' (not just doing a reset) and using Registration Sequences.

You'll find them much easier to understand than the instructions in the owners' manuals! :)

Once you've got used to the procedures, you'll see why registrations are the most powerful feature on the keyboard!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version