Author Topic: Genos styles for what song?  (Read 9756 times)

Offline DrakeM

Genos styles for what song?
« on: March 30, 2018, 06:25:42 AM »
Okay, so now that the Genos has been in a lot of hands now, what are each of the styles set up for?

In the past there was the Music Finder which had suggested songs to use for the various style on the keyboard.  What is the "List of Songs" for the Genos keyboard?

Has a list been posted here at the forum for the styles?

Regards
Drake

Offline panos

Re: Genos styles for what song?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 06:36:31 AM »
Mark here I think is asking pretty much the same thing Drake.
If someone has updated his MFD list with Genos's new styles or older styles with a different name..
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,43930.msg346629.html#msg346629

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 07:02:06 AM »
We now have Play Lists. The free one from Yamaha gives around 250 songs with registrations and other settings also. I don't know if there is a list anywhere.

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 11:47:09 PM »
Hi panos

I watched your video but as you only listed what style you were using and NOT what the song was you were playing, it was of no help to me. Maybe you could add the names of the songs in your descriptions.

Hi Eileen

So, this time Yamaha is only offering 250 song suggestions for use with a keyboard having over 550 styles, hmmm.

Well, if someone puts together a file containing the suggestions at some point, please have Joe W. post it on the Music Finder page in txt format.  I would like it as I have no idea what song the intros are set up for but they sound really good.

Regards
Drake

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 12:04:20 AM »
The technique I have used with every arranger keyboard I have owned is to go through each and every style, play every variation, all the intros, and then determine which song it would go best with. Then, it's just a matter of creating your own MFD, which I have done many times, just not one for the Genos because I do not own one.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline panos

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 12:51:32 AM »
I have the list with the names of the songs if you scroll down in the viewers's comments,
Drake  :)
The one list you saw without the names of the songs was from the guy demonstrated the Genos styles.
I will attach it again here to take a look.
On my psr I have only a demo Yamaha's MFD with some songs of mostly Classical music.  :(

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline porterma

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 02:33:11 AM »
Hi,
Yes, I was asking the same thing that Drake is asking here.
I really was hoping forum members who have the new Genos would post the names of specific songs they are actually playing on their new Genos keyboards with specifically new styles from Genos.

Thanks for your help,

Mark

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 03:12:43 AM »
Hi Gary,

I sort of do that too at times, when I am stuck for a song to learn. I just start going through my styles, but I have got to know the song first to relate it to the style. Then there are times, I recognized that style but I have no idea what the lyrics are or the name of the song.

I tend to stay away from using the Intro #3 on the Yamaha styles, as they are generally set up for a specific song. I think it sounds really incorrect using it because the listener is expecting the song that the intro belongs to. I hear intros #3 that sound familiar but not well enough to know what song it is supposed to be, that is why I like having the Music Finder with over 1000 suggestions offered with the keyboards.

Regards
Drake

« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 03:16:44 AM by DrakeM »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 07:23:08 AM »
I must admit that I have never used Music Finder because to me it never picked a style I would want to use with the song or the voices. Much prefer to chose my own.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2018, 09:48:05 AM »
I must admit that I have never used Music Finder because to me it never picked a style I would want to use with the song or the voices. Much prefer to chose my own.

Eileen, it's a great tool, though I agree with you about the Yamaha selection of songs - that's why I created my own Music Finder Directory.

All the best,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 12:08:46 PM »
And I agree with you both too, that is why I create custom song styles.   ;D

I do however, find it is a good starting point to begin a lot of the time. ;)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2018, 09:10:03 PM »
Hi Gary,
  On Genos you can now create playlists containing all you settings and registrations which I think most people were asking for so it makes it more usable.

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2018, 03:49:09 PM »
Panos
I think the pdf list is wrong for one style. 80s Funk Icon is actually Prince 1999.

Best wishes
Steve

Yamaha Genos, Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha MODX7, Korg M3, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg M3R, Korg MS20, MiniMoog Model D, Moog Voyager, Sequential Prophet 6, Roland D10, Roland JV1080, Roland Drumatix, EDP Wasp, Ableton 9

Offline panos

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2018, 04:38:07 PM »
Yes you are right it suits perfectly!
I thought "Mark Ronson - Uptown Funk ft. Bruno Mars" is a cover of a disco song that I couldn't find.
When I heard the keyboard playing the lyrics that came to my mind were "breaking down the beat".
But I couldn't remember from which song is this chord progression to listen to it and see if it is the same.
Maybe I am wrong about it.