Author Topic: Volume levels in registrations on Tyros 4  (Read 4616 times)

musicalmemoriesuk

Volume levels in registrations on Tyros 4
« on: December 06, 2017, 01:17:41 PM »
I've been slowly building some registrations on my Tyros 4 which sounded fine to my ears through headphones but when playing through the speaker system it sounded too quiet. Also when the registration changes the volumes change is there a way to fix the volumes or is there a ideal setting for the volume style and mic settings ?

Offline travlin-easy

Re: Volume levels in registrations on Tyros 4
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 03:50:51 PM »
The reason those registrations sound different between the headphones and speakers is with the headphones, you cannot hear echos from the room and other room associated effects.

The mic volume has a default setting, however, you can change it and save it to a registration specifically for that purpose. However, in order to retain it, you will have to lock it in place using the parameter lock feature and tick the mic settings box. Now, when the keyboard is turned off and turned back on, it will revert to the default setting, therefore, you must go through the procedure by turning off the parameter lock, then selecting the mic setting registration, and re ticking the mic setting box in parameter lock.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Denn

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 08:00:29 PM »
Hello, Sorry but I think that you have the big job of registering all of your voices. I found this in the earlier stages. Pick a registration which, through the speakers, sounds quiet even at 127. Concert Guitar is one. Then adjust your main volume so this sounds good. After that, through all the reg buttons 1 to 8 adjust the sliders to try to equal the volume sound of your first button. Sadly you have to go through ALL of your regs if you want them to be of reasonable matched volume. I gave up on most of that, especially with the TTT Theater Organ voices, they are high volume sound and some of them need to be down to 30 or so to balance. I use my FC7 pedal to control the volume. Hope this does not deter you. Regards, Denn.
Love knitting dolls

musicalmemoriesuk

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 09:01:28 PM »
Better get cracking I created a theatre organ type of registration which sounded fine through the speakers but then when I had a gig through a pa system it sounded far too loud.