Author Topic: A great addition to my Tyros 5.  (Read 950 times)

Offline Ingar

A great addition to my Tyros 5.
« on: December 03, 2017, 12:08:18 PM »
Then I've stored Geno's styles on Tyros's hard drive and some of them sound pretty good as they are while others again need some adjustments. They are a great addition.

Regards Ingar

Offline Macdavey

• Avid Piano, KB performer, part time
  • Novice Poster
Re: A great addition to my Tyros 5.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 07:25:38 AM »
I am a new Tyros 5 user, and did look at the Genos, but given the end of year great clearout deals on Tyros 5, decided to get one.

I am an advanced player, and just curious where you downloaded the Genos style files mentioned above.

Cheers

Dave
(new) Tyros 5, Yamaha Motif XS rack, Roland Integra, Muse Receptor, Korg Kronos, Hammond B3, Leslie 122, Hammond XK3c, Roland RD2000, Studio One Pro, Logic X etc...

Offline Jaduro

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 09:47:50 AM »
Hi Macdave

Try with this url

http://psrtutorial.com/sty/collections/henni.html

Regards

Offline porterma

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 10:43:06 AM »
Hey Dave,
I am here in Vancouver,BC and am looking for a 76 key Tyros 5.
The local dealer, Tom Lee, doesn't have any.
I am wondering where you got yours from, what you paid and whether they might have any left to sell in a clearout.

Thanks,

Mark

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 12:09:54 PM »
I downloaded the collection from http://psrtutorial.com/sty/collections/henni.html.

After extracting, I noticed the following file extensions: .prs, .sst, and .fps. Does the Tyros actually play all these file types? I downloaded them from this dialog box:

« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 12:11:24 PM by Lee Batchelor »
Current Gear: Tyros 5, Nord Electro 5D, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compacts, 15 inch sub designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44.

Offline Ed B

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 06:56:39 PM »
Hi
Yes they do:
What do the style extensions stand for?
sty= normal style
pst= pianist (solo piano)
pcs= piano combo
sst=session
prs=pro
bcs=basic
fps=free play
This list is from  FAQ
http://psrtutorial.com/lessons/faq/PSRFAQ.htm
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

Offline karmacomposer

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 07:03:37 PM »
I got an amazing deal on a new Tyros 5 76 key that was,IMHO, labelled incorrectly as a used keyboard, but came packaged too well in the box with all original plastic protection and what not on it - as well as zero scratches or signs of use.

I found it on ebay (buy it now only - no auctions) and did not accept the price asked - I suggested a lower price and surprise, surprise, the seller accepted it.  He had a 99% rating with lots and lots of people giving him said rating, so he seemed trustworthy.  The seller did a GREAT job sending me the Tyros 5 76 key AND Yamaha speaker system with sub - also brand new in the box.

Mike
Yamaha Tyros 5 76 key, MOXF8 88 key, PSR s910, Korg M3 88 key, Karma, Presonus Studio One Pro 3, Samplitude 12 Pro, many vsti, EWQLSO, EWQLSC and KHSO Diamond. 10 networked dual/quad/octo core Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 64 bit PCs & 1 Mac Book Pro