Author Topic: a new Genos in design ?  (Read 511 times)

Offline Seagull29

a new Genos in design ?
« on: December 01, 2017, 01:18:16 PM »
Hi,
Some "indiscreet" words of  demonstrators of Genos in France suggest that "Genos 2" is already in design since 6 months !  Yamaha makes us a remake of the series "Tyros" with Genos! Case to follow in 2 or 3 years!   :o ;D

Offline MBedesem

Re: a new Genos in design ?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 01:26:57 PM »
Oh No!

I am not fully recovered by all the Genos speculation, criticism and false hopes!

Regards,

Michael

Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 05:11:52 AM »
This to me would not make any sense and I would not believe anything unless directly from Yamaha.

Offline pjd

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 06:35:00 AM »
Oh, man, I love tech like crazy, but this is waaaaaaaay too soon.  :)

-- pj

Offline Seagull29

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 06:55:02 AM »
Hi, 
I agree but when T5 arrived in 2013, Genos was in design since 2011 ! This was confirmed by a serious demonstrator when he presented Tyros 5 ! For Yamaha, time is money and they must keep the first place ! :-\

Offline Del B

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 08:05:40 AM »
I don't think it's too soon, the Yamaha Corporation are looking at the next 15-20 years and how they are going to keep on top of their game, if they don't then they will end up like Technics and diminish. I very much doubt that a demonstrator would reveal what Yamaha  are upto although some of the demonstrators are on the development team. The Genos is now out there and  now Yamaha just need to keep software updaated and produce the expansion packs for the Genos to create more revenue whilst the development team can concentrate of their next flagship of either PSR Series or/and the Genos 2.

Offline Seagull29

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 10:55:24 AM »
I very much doubt that a demonstrator would reveal what Yamaha  are upto although some of the demonstrators are on the development team.

Of course but I'm living in France and the demonstrators are not in the developpment team. Genos was designed in England and, as you know, French people is la little bit "rebel" and often indiscreet !  ;D

Offline pjd

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 12:31:13 PM »
Oh, man, I love tech like crazy, but this is waaaaaaaay too soon.  :)

OK, let me clarify -- it's way too soon to get into the discussion of Genos 2 here:D  :D Man, we are worn out.

Yamaha have a product roadmap 5 to 10 years out. That's what good companies do. Not really news.

I'm still waiting for the next boat to arrive with G (v1).  :D

Have a good weekend and don't forget to play -- pj
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 06:19:37 AM by pjd »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 05:14:18 AM »
Development on new models will not start until they see how the present one is being accepted and which direction the next one should take. Don't believe anyone who says they have inside information because they usually don't. They all know the penalty for leaking things and would not risk there jobs.

Offline Seagull29

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 05:47:00 AM »
Hi Eileen, may be you're right in USA but in France, it's not the same.
And remember T5, when this model has been on market on 2013, Genos was in design since 2011. And the demonstrator told us about Genos (but he did'nt know the name yet) in december 2013. This boy always works for Yamaha and is in the staff of Yamaha France !
And France is only 4,2% of Yamaha market, not very important.

Offline Oldden

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2017, 02:10:53 PM »
Hi,
Yes there will be a Genos 2, and then a Genos 3 followed by a Genos 4. There's will be new PSR's , new korgs, new Roland's. It's all a question of how long you want to wait, there will always be a better keyboard, car, TV you name it. Should you wait?. It makes more sense to me to buy the best you can afford now, enjoy it, you are only here once. As far as I know.
Oldden

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 03:26:51 PM »
Yes Oldden I fully agree. Genos is a lovely keyboard.