Author Topic: Understand it . . almost!  (Read 269 times)

Offline opticat

Understand it . . almost!
« on: November 29, 2017, 10:07:55 AM »
Got my new Genos yesterday and loaded my T5 backup into the slot underneath (and didn’t lose the screw!). Many of the registrations created on the T5 can be accessed and play just great. But there are a few that for some reason seem to not want to load correctly. Even though they show on the HOME screen, the style seems to be locked into the one I used previously— which is of course incorrect for the one I want to use. Still working on it, but any suggestions will be appreciated.

Offline Bill

Re: Understand it . . almost!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 10:18:01 AM »
One of the problems maybe that Yamaha have renamed the style or moved it into a different Genre. Hence the registration links are broken.

The best option is use Murray Best,s Registration Manager and find out what the style was called then simply link the updated Style.

Bill
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 02:40:27 AM by Bill »
England

GENOS

Offline dragon

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 10:20:22 AM »
If you had used a Tyros 5 style that has been left off the Genos, or if you used a custom style and the registration has lost a link to this style, then Genos plays the last loaded style. To be honest it is "doing my head in". You can find out which style you used in you Reg by using Murray Best's free Registration manager 5 software.
A copy of the Tyros 5 styles is available somewhere on this forum.
Cheers Carol

The following users thanked this post: opticat

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 11:23:53 AM »
In my experience with the Genos, if you were using a Tyros preset style (T4 in my case) that the Genos didn't have, it always substituted an appropriate preset Genos style.

So if your registration is not loading a style, it's because the reg can't find it. So you need to discover where the reg wants the style to be (using Murray's program is the easiest way), then put the style there (same drive, same folder, same name, same extension).

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 12:26:22 PM »
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline opticat

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 06:30:28 PM »
So I have it figured out! Thanks for all the replies. The Genos seems easier to operate than the T5 once you get used to it! Love this thing!