Author Topic: Missing voice on OTS  (Read 325 times)

Offline valimaties

Missing voice on OTS
« on: November 28, 2017, 11:57:15 AM »

Offline tomtomsf

Re: Missing voice on OTS
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 03:18:31 PM »
Hi Vali,

No problem with your english. I get the same Right 1 "---------" with piano icon when I try to load a style into my Tyros 4 where the OTS contains a voice from another Yamaha keyboard that is not present in my T4. I think the Right 1 voice cannot be found in your Genos. Do you think that might be what is happening on your Genos?

Tom G.
Tyros 4

Offline valimaties

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 04:10:51 PM »
Hi Vali,

No problem with your english. I get the same Right 1 "---------" with piano icon when I try to load a style into my Tyros 4 where the OTS contains a voice from another Yamaha keyboard that is not present in my T4. I think the Right 1 voice cannot be found in your Genos. Do you think that might be what is happening on your Genos?

Tom G.

Yes, I said in video that Right 1 voice is a voice from "Balkan and Turkey premium pack". It is missing because that pack I couldn't load entirely. only some voices compatible with Genos was loaded. Not that is the problem. The problem is even if Right 2 is off is hearing the sound of it, that Guitar. :D

Offline tomtomsf

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 04:53:15 PM »
Ok, I watched again and understand now. I am not 100% sure but this is what I think is happening. Right 1 is the only voice turned on but it is missing since it could not be loaded. When you play a key, you are hearing a guitar sound with only Right 1 turned on. The Genos is playing a substitute sound for the Right 1 voice that could not be loaded. That is a guitar sound, even though the -------- icon shows piano. When a voice is missing, the Genos (and Tyros) always show the piano icon with --------, even if the missing voice is a guitar, horn, whatever. If you press the voice button for Right 1, it will probably take you to the guitar sound that it has substituted. 

I thought your other video about how difficult it is to view the Registration voices was also interesting. I hope another Genos owner can help you find an easier way to view them.

Tom G.
Tyros 4

Offline valimaties

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 05:01:36 PM »
Thanks Tom.
Right now i'm in bed, with my eyes half opened :))
Tomorrow I will check which voice is in the back of ------- .
My T5 don't play anything in missing sounds. It just wont select anything...
Thanks again.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 10:21:55 PM »
I looked last night on this problem again... It's a bug, clearly. If I press on Voice Part Right 1 it brings voice select screen on Page 1, and no voice selected.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 04:26:35 AM »
You have already answered your own question in saying you used the voice from a pack that is not loaded in Genos. The position it was in R1 will still show in OTS on loading the style but you now have to find a substitute voice for the one that is no longer in the YEM. Then re-save the style.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 07:05:00 AM »
You have already answered your own question in saying you used the voice from a pack that is not loaded in Genos. The position it was in R1 will still show in OTS on loading the style but you now have to find a substitute voice for the one that is no longer in the YEM. Then re-save the style.

Hi Eileen.

I talk here about the behaviour, not workarounds ! I know I have to change it, but for now I let it as it is, because I wait for conversion of that premium pack.

I don't want to make those who didn't bought yet the Genos not to buy it. It is a very good keyboard, with a very good sound, much higher than other brands ( I'm bad  >:(  ;D ) .
But I want others to see what happening in some conditions, not to be scared when will have it...

Offline tomtomsf

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 02:45:44 PM »
Hi Vali

But doesn't your Genos open the voice category that the missing voice should belong in? Maybe not every time. Sometimes it has no clue as to what category the missing voice is from. On my T4, if the OTS voice is missing and shows ---------, pushing the voice button will often bring me to the Guitars, Horns, Strings voices. So, it seems to know what type of voice is missing. But, sometimes it just shows the Pianos page when it doesn't know.

Tom G.

I looked last night on this problem again... It's a bug, clearly. If I press on Voice Part Right 1 it brings voice select screen on Page 1, and no voice selected.
Tyros 4