Author Topic: EDIT STYLE PART VOLUME?  (Read 351 times)

Offline jgriffin

EDIT STYLE PART VOLUME?
« on: November 26, 2017, 07:25:55 PM »
Seems simple enough...but I cannot find anything in the OM or RM about changing the volume of any of the voices within a style.  Can someone help tp make me feel really stupid please?
Janet
PSR Performer page
GENOS, Yamaha Baby Grand, (2) Motif ES8, Tyos 2, (2) Tyros 3, Tyros 5-76, DGX-650 & 660, Yamaha P140, StagePas 300 & 600, (2) Bose Compact, Yamaha

Offline Joe H

Re: EDIT STYLE PART VOLUME?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 07:35:44 PM »
Janet,

Just go to the Mixing Console page that displays the 8 style Volumes.  Adjust the Part you wish... then open Style Creator, next TAB one page to right, and SAVE.  Now navigate to where you want the edited style be resident (USB1 maybe?) and then execute SAVE.

If you want to change the Volume for a Part in only one Section, it gets more complicated. 

1. First start Style Creator
2. Go to the Mixing Console (press the Mixing Console button
3. Next press the Section Control button you want to edit (it will display)
4. Make your Volume edit
5. Press EXIT to go back to Style Creator
6. SAVE (as above)

The above process will save the Volume adjustment for the Part in that Section ONLY (not for the all Sections).

Hope this helps.

Joe H
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 07:38:52 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline jgriffin

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 02:55:05 AM »
Thanks Joe....cannot wait to get home tonight to try that.  And then I'm going to try to see why I could not find this on my own!   :)
Janet
PSR Performer page
GENOS, Yamaha Baby Grand, (2) Motif ES8, Tyos 2, (2) Tyros 3, Tyros 5-76, DGX-650 & 660, Yamaha P140, StagePas 300 & 600, (2) Bose Compact, Yamaha

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 05:06:21 AM »
Janet,
The layout of Mixing Console is completely revamped in Genos and is now called Mixer. The OM starts talking about it on page 86.
There are various ways of getting to it, one of which is to get to the Home page, when you see a mixer icon and "Mixer" at the bottom of the screen, 2nd from left. Touch that, then touch Style 1 tab along the top of the screen and you will see the style parts icons which you can edit in various ways described by the vertical menu at left. So touch Pan/Volume to carry out those edits.
John

Offline Joe H

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 07:38:39 AM »
Thanks John,

I forgot the Genos has a different way of doing things.

;)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline jgriffin

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 08:44:31 AM »
Thanks so much Joe....hope your day is full of joy!
Janet
PSR Performer page

Offline jgriffin

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 12:42:21 PM »
AND YOU TOO JOHN!
Janet
PSR Performer page

Offline valimaties

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 01:41:38 PM »
Never, but NEVER, do adjustments from Style Play section.
Please make this kind of adjustments on a style with different instruments on different Mains. You blowup your style.
All adjustments you MUST make it from Style Creator. To access Mixer drom Style Creator use Direct Access button and Intro1, or Main A ( or whatever style part section button). This combination will raise Mixer screen.
Another shortcut in Style Creator, for Fill-Insis pressing Auto Fill button when you are on one of mains variations. This will bring the fill under the variation. ;)

Regards.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 01:43:11 PM by valimaties »

Offline jgriffin

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 08:06:11 PM »
Thanks for your input Vali!  I will check that out also.  You guys are all awesome!
Janet
PSR Performer page