Author Topic: Onacimus Styles  (Read 403 times)

Offline CmajSid

Onacimus Styles
« on: November 26, 2017, 04:00:05 PM »
Hi All,
I am a Newbie and this is my FIRST POST. I downloaded the Onacimus Christmas Styles believing that they would play on my Tyros 5 which I purchased in June. I unzipped the file and put it onto my USB Stick but the Keyboard did not recognize the FILES they ended in .prs and .bcs and I have noticed that a Yamaha Expansion Pack I purchased the files end in .cpf Can anyone shine a little light on this for me?? I'm not very Techno minded I'm afraid.
Many Thanks Sid.

Offline Ed B

Re: Onacimus Styles
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 07:03:16 PM »
Hi
These are the various style endings Yamaha uses

sty= normal style
pst= pianist (solo piano)
pcs= piano combo
sst=session
prs=pro
bcs=basic
These should be recognized by your keyboard. The CPF file is a project file which is used in the Expansion Mgr to be added to your keyboard.
The endings on the styles that differ from sty can be changed to sty without affecting them.
Post a style that wont work and one of us can check to see if there is a problem.
Welcome
Ed B
Keep on learning

Offline CmajSid

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 12:38:29 AM »
Hi Ed B,
Many thanks for your reply. I forgot to say that it did say it was for the S-950 but went on to say it would play on the Tyros 5 because the Keyboard was SFF 2. I downloaded the pack from the PSR Tutorial Website Styles page for the Tyros 5. Hopefully I have attached the very first file.
Thanks once again and greetings from England.
Sid.

The following users thanked this post: bmarcill

Online EileenL

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 02:21:17 AM »
Are you pressing style button D before trying to access these styles. You must do this first to see them properly.

Online broker22

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 05:27:13 AM »
Press the style button tab across to usb and you should see the styles there.   Cal

Offline CmajSid

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 06:00:32 AM »
Hi Everyone.
Thank you all so much for your help. I pressed the Style side button as suggested by Cal and hey presto I have found them.
I have been trying to find them by pressing the Expansion/User Button. What a right Turkey I feel but that's a 67 year old novice for you. I purchased the Tyros 5 to occupy me in retirement it is certainly doing that.
Thanks.
Sid.