Author Topic: Copy Main A to Main B  (Read 429 times)

Copy Main A to Main B
« on: November 24, 2017, 08:35:28 AM »
Hi team,

I made up my own style. Main A is for the verses. For the chorus parts, I want to use Main B, which will be made up of Main A plus some extra enhancements in the drums. I know how to record to style parts. But how do I copy Main A to Main B, so I can just add stuff to Main B? Thanks.
Current Gear: Tyros 5, Nord Electro 5D, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compacts, 15 inch sub designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44.

Online Seagull29

Re: Copy Main A to Main B
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 12:04:17 PM »
Hi,
You must use Assembly section in Style Creator. First, select the variation you want to create and copy parts from the Main A, for example . You can select the origine file in the board bottom right (Copy from). You do that for each part of the variation (Rythm 1, Rythm 2 etc....)

Regards

Seagull29

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 01:06:23 PM »
Thanks Seagull. I did that but there's only the Save button to confirm the Copy and Paste procedure. It doesn't seem to do anything!! Do I have to Save this operation for each part? That would be eight times! Why don't they put an OK button on there, and then have us save the whole style at one time at the end of all the Copy functions like a normal operating system???! Seems like a stupid way to do things. Please let me know if I have this right. It doesn't seem to work.

A big problem as I see it is, the world is so used to Microsoft crappy software that when we need to go through all the hoops with Yamaha, it's very different! What a pain!
Current Gear: Tyros 5, Nord Electro 5D, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compacts, 15 inch sub designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44.

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 01:12:30 PM »
Okay, I got it to work, but it's still a terrible way to do things. You have to assume the part actually copied. There's no confirmation. Terrible!!!!!!!!

Yamaha really needs to provide more intuitive ways to do things. Decent style creator software is desperately needed. The next step in style evolution is song-specific styles because even Yamaha has covered pretty well all the genres as evidenced by the Genos and its re-worked T5 styles. This won't easily happen with such crappy software!!!!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 01:13:42 PM by Lee Batchelor »

Online Seagull29

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 01:18:29 PM »
Hi,
there is no button OK. The copy is direct. So, here how proceed:

- go to Style Creator

- select the variation you want to edit (here, it's Main B).

- go to Assembly and select the part you want to copy (Rythm 1, Rythm 2 etc...), one at time. It will be the destination of datas you want copy

- in screen on bottom left (Copy from), select the variation where datas will come from. Here, it's Main A

- click on the part and select the style (here, it's your personnal style) and klick one again on the part. Copy is done.
You make it for every instrument part.

When you have finished all operations, save your style. Game over.  ;)

Regards

Seagull29
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 01:21:39 PM by Seagull29 »

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 01:45:13 PM »
Thanks Seagull. I got it to work, but I couldn't have done it without you!! Thanks for taking the time to write the procedure.

Offline Marcus

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 05:04:36 PM »
Okay, I got it to work, but it's still a terrible way to do things. You have to assume the part actually copied. There's no confirmation. Terrible!!!!!!!!

Yamaha really needs to provide more intuitive ways to do things. Decent style creator software is desperately needed. The next step in style evolution is song-specific styles because even Yamaha has covered pretty well all the genres as evidenced by the Genos and its re-worked T5 styles. This won't easily happen with such crappy software!!!!

I don't mind the Tyros 5 Style Creator. The more you use it the easier it gets. The re-assembly feature is quite powerful and works well. I use that feature the most.

It is true that changes and edits are not baked-in until you save the whole style after you finish. As far as confirmation when you make edits, simply press the Start/Stop button in the Style Control section while you edit or re-assemble parts. You hear the changes live. Works fantastic. I learned quite well to navigate and edit quickly once I got used to it. I hope I can work and navigate as fast in the Genos touch screen version of the Style Creator.

Regards, Marcus
Gear: Triangle

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2017, 05:19:25 PM »
Thanks Marcus - most re-assuring.

It gets to the point where one is VERY tired of trying to keep up with all this technology. The so-called "geniuses" who create this stuff know squat about human factors and usability - the very thing I teach at he college level. Those very elements always seem to be missing from their training, and if you don't think like it, you're screwed. If profits would stop getting in the way all the time, even a company as smart as Yamaha would perform site visits, observe where people have the most difficulty, and then correct the software so the average person can skate through it without slashing their wrists! Instead, the attitude is always, "We designed it this way so suck it up or do something else."

Like Microsoft, I have yet to see any real progress made in these areas by Yamaha. The backbones of the T5 are a totally different breed than the schemata most people use. Such arrogance has destroyed bigger companies than Yamaha.

Online Jørgen

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 06:09:53 PM »
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2017, 06:28:59 PM »
Jorgen, you make me believe in a supreme being. When do you start your new job at Yamaha? Hope they give you a corner office!

Thanks my friend!!

Offline pjd

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2017, 06:09:34 AM »
I always look to the tools from Jørgen and Michael B. for these kinds of jobs. Sometimes I favor Jørgen's approach, sometimes MixMaster.

Both of these chaps have done the whole community a big, big service -- pj

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2017, 06:49:12 AM »
Agreed!!

Thanks guys :)!!