Author Topic: YEM and Wireless connection  (Read 445 times)

Offline valimaties

YEM and Wireless connection
« on: November 22, 2017, 11:19:32 AM »
Hi.

I have the same problem like on T5, my Genos is installed via wireless, but the little icon of wireless behind the text does not appear .
The Genos is connected to the same wireless network (was installed via "Search Instrument"), but I cannot transfer pack via wireless because that little icon is not there, and "Send to instrument" button is not active.

What I'm doing wrong?!  ??? :-\

Offline DavidB

Re: YEM and Wireless connection
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 01:26:34 PM »
Silly question, but your Genos is powered on right?

I noticed the wireless icon only appears along with send to Genos when the Genos is fully awake.
Just don't mention Genos USB drive letter assignments :)

Offline valimaties

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 01:35:40 PM »
DavidB, yes of course. From my router to my Genos is about 20 cm distance between them :)
I have deleted the Genos from YEM and press on Search Instrument, and it find it, so the bound it is... Something with my router settings maybe? I don't know anymore what to do...

And...
I cannot manage to install my old packs into Genos.
I don't think the free packs from HERE it make pack fail to install... Where is the point?!

I use a 64GB Kingston USB drive, DataTraveler SE9 G2, formated in Genos, I copied all content to root of it, and it gives me "Failed to access data" at the end of installation.
What have I do wrong?

Online jwyvern

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 02:31:53 PM »
The first time I tried to transfer files to Genos from YEM it failed. This was because the wireless was not actually connected. I had to go to into the utility wireless menu, let it find the router, enter the security key and press Connect. Once done the transfer worked fine. So in your case it might be worth double checking the wireless connection really has been established.
John

Offline valimaties

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 02:38:22 PM »
The first time I tried to transfer files to Genos from YEM it failed. This was because the wireless was not actually connected. I had to go to into the utility wireless menu, let it find the router, enter the security key and press Connect. Once done the transfer worked fine. So in your case it might be worth double checking the wireless connection really has been established.
John

Thanks John.

I were with wireless screen opened, with blue text up there telling me that is Connected, the same wireless network.
But check this, if it were not connected, how could I add instrument to YEM? because I didn't install with n27 file, but with "Search Instrument" option, so the YEM seems to view Genos, but I have only the label Genos and the little button with User Wave files in YEM, the little wireless signal icon, does not appear!

Online jwyvern

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 02:55:37 PM »
Do you have Genos connected via USB to PC? I have always assumed the instrument was recognised via this connection, which for me is permanently in place. Will have to check.
John

Offline valimaties

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 04:01:11 PM »
hmmm... seems a custom T4 pack (not premium voice, style or other things, only voices and styles from me) it failed install in Genos. pfff
So it is not full conversion from T4 to Genos, this version of YEM

Offline pmedina

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 05:03:29 PM »
Sorry, I must to say that I don't know what YEM is. Please help me

Offline valimaties

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 10:12:01 PM »
Sorry, I must to say that I don't know what YEM is. Please help me

Yamaha Expansion Manager

Online jwyvern

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 11:48:21 PM »
Vali,

One other thing, once you are satisfied you have a wireless connection and Genos is identified, do the packs show ticks on them? If not you may need to push the Genos icon again (as in my case) or add the ticks to the packs manually by clicking on them. If no ticks the transfer button will be greyed out.
John

Offline valimaties

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 12:55:05 AM »
Vali,

One other thing, once you are satisfied you have a wireless connection and Genos is identified, do the packs show ticks on them? If not you may need to push the Genos icon again (as in my case) or add the ticks to the packs manually by clicking on them. If no ticks the transfer button will be greyed out.
John

Thanks John.
The content or partial content of some packs are selected.

Other is the problem. I say, is the third time now, the little wireless icon in Genos tab is not showing. If not, I cannot send packs thru wireless.

I took an image from the internet and i put an arrow to "wireless icon".. that missing from my YEM's Genos instrument ...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 12:56:17 AM by valimaties »

Offline StuartR

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 07:17:19 AM »
DavidB, yes of course. From my router to my Genos is about 20 cm distance between them :)
I have deleted the Genos from YEM and press on Search Instrument, and it find it, so the bound it is... Something with my router settings maybe? I don't know anymore what to do...

And...
I cannot manage to install my old packs into Genos.
I don't think the free packs from HERE it make pack fail to install... Where is the point?!

I use a 64GB Kingston USB drive, DataTraveler SE9 G2, formated in Genos, I copied all content to root of it, and it gives me "Failed to access data" at the end of installation.
What have I do wrong?
I'm getting the same "Failed to access data" error trying to install one specific pack (Salsa for PS S970) on the Genos. All other packs (Genos, T5 and PS S970) install and work fine. I've tried two different Flash drives and the local LAN. I've downloaded the pack from multiple Yamaha sites and compared the file size with that of other folks that got the Salsa pack working.

At this point I suspect a bug in the Genos  firmware or YEM software causing this problem. I'll try again when either/both are updated in the near future.

Stuart.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 09:10:16 AM »
I remember there were problems with downloading the free Salsa packs and one minute they were on the site and the next minute gone. It is most likely to be a problem with the pack. Far better to waite until it is updated for Genos and use the proper one.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 01:19:17 PM »
Take care of characters in name of files (voices, styles, registrations) of that pack. If contains characters not in Genos Map, it will give you that error. I solved all my problems and now I send my packs over wireless and all of my packs. I love wireless transfer because it only updates data, not formatting. This is awesome :) !

Offline StuartR

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2017, 06:06:17 PM »
I remember there were problems with downloading the free Salsa packs and one minute they were on the site and the next minute gone. It is most likely to be a problem with the pack. Far better to waite until it is updated for Genos and use the proper one.

This pack is for the 970 and I don't think it will be updated for Genos. It apparently works for at least one person here (Paul) and I downloaded it from the same site he did.