Author Topic: Style Voice select bug  (Read 242 times)

Offline valimaties

Style Voice select bug
« on: November 21, 2017, 02:54:27 PM »
Hi.
I start this thread maybe someone see this and put on list of bugs what I've encountered...
I have a custom style from a protected pack from expansion folder. I've selected it, start Intro and select Channels button. When I press on Rhythm1 it popup window with voices, but does not scroll to page where the sound selected is located (P13), but open first page. If I scroll manually to page 13 the voice is selected (white background).
So I think is a bug. In some circumstances, the voice selection action in Channel On/Off page does not scroll to page where the selected voice is located.

Offline EileenL

Re: Style Voice select bug
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 04:48:01 PM »
Is this an updated Pack for Genos. I believe only two are ready for downloading so far.

Online voodoo

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 12:27:47 AM »
This sounds like a real bug. Does this behavior occur also at other occasions, for example for styles from unprotected packs or for preset styles or for standard midi songs?

Uli
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline valimaties

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 02:58:32 AM »
Hi Eileen. Well, it's not a premium pack, it's just a protected pack installed by the supplier from which I've brought my Genos.

Hi voodoo.
Now I know what's the problem. If the Voice screen is the same when you click on a Style channel it has the same Instrument / Voice as last opened (screen) it does not scroll to the page where the instrument / voice is located.

Example:
On Rhythm 2 I have a Drum Kit (whatever, let's say from page 2). On Chord 1 I have a Piano from 3rd page, on Chord 2 the same piano, pe PAD an pad instrument.
1. If you press the Rhythm 2 icon on the Channel On / Off page, the Voice select window will be raised on the page where the drum kit is, so Page 2.
2. If I press on Chord 1 Icon it will raise the Voice Select window with Page 3 selected and the Piano already selected on that channel will show with white background.
3. Now, if I click on Chord 2 Icon, it will raise the Voice Select window, but in the first page, not the 3rd. No voice is selected, but I have to scroll between pages to see which voice is selected for that channel.
4. If I press PAD channel's icon, the voice select window will raise and it will scroll automatically to the page where the pad is selected.

So, if you click between two or more channels that has the same voice, the second raise of the window will not show the selected voice for that channel, but page 1. This is happening even if you press the icon of the same channel multiple times, first time will show the voice on its page, after that it will not show anymore the voice's page, but page 1.

Please try this on your Genos and tell me if this thing happens to you all, too. Try also with custom pack's voices. Maybe it's happening only with expansion packs, I do not know, I'm not near my Genos now, and when I saw this it was 3 AM in the morning...

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 03:54:46 AM by valimaties »

Online voodoo

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 04:29:29 AM »
Thank you for this precise observation. This will be helpful for us all.
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D