Author Topic: S970 preset styles table  (Read 189 times)

Offline Toril S

S970 preset styles table
« on: November 21, 2017, 10:50:50 AM »
Hello :) I tried to access the S970 table to download some styles directly on my USB stick, as I can do in the PSR 2100 preset style table, but I didn't succeed. Why is this not possible? This is extremely convenient when I make myself "Gig disk" folders. To do it on the keyboard is cumbersome and slow compared to using the computer. :) :)
Toril S

PSR S970, PSR 2100 and PSR-47.

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: S970 preset styles table
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 11:28:46 AM »
Hi Toril S,

What table are you referring to?   Do you mean the style lists on the PSR Tutorial page at this link?...

https://www.psrtutorial.com/sty/yamaha/psr-s970.html

If you are, these are just lists and not links to downloads!

If you have an S970, simply Copy and Paste the preset styles from the keyboard using the Style Selection screen.

It is quite a slow process, but you should be able to select every style category folder, and then they will be copied and pasted (together with the styles within them) to your USB in a single operation.  It takes seconds to select everything, and then you just need to start the process and leave it running for an hour or so.  You don't have to sit and watch it!

Note that you will not be able to transfer the original Audio styles to USB by any method!

Regards

Ian

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 12:11:52 PM »
Yes, Ian, that is the table. The reason I wondered is that the table for the 2100 preset styles can be clicked on, and you can download the styles. I would like this function to be available in the S970 table also, as it is much easier to copy styles this way :)
Toril S

Offline Joe W

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 02:09:57 PM »
The reason the table for the 2100 and the older keyboards can be used to download the styles is because it is an old, very old, keyboard.  Yamaha did not have much heartburn on making the styles from past keyboards available online.  So, the keyboards that use the SFF1 format all have links on those tables.  I took links off the SFF2 keyboards, but I suppose I can put some back.

You, Toril, however, are a Supporter and all of those styles are available in the Charter Members area and can be downloaded from there. This provides a service for supporting members.  Links on the main site are available to anyone viewing those pages.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 02:12:03 PM by Joe W »
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 02:26:12 PM »
Thank you Joe for the reply :) You certainly had good reasons for removing the links on the newer keyboards :) This forum is helping me daily, and I can't thank you and all the other people who make it run enough! Just know that you are much appreciated!
Toril S