Author Topic: unrealBook too?  (Read 273 times)

Offline jimlaing

unrealBook too?
« on: November 20, 2017, 10:39:11 AM »
Hi - didn't know if this thread is for any "Genos & iPad" topics ... thought I'd put in that I'm using unrealBook on the iPad, and it works just like it did with Tyros.  I use the same technique I did on Tyros, of sending MIDI strings to the Genos to cause the Genos to recall the Registration for the song I load (PDF file) in unrealBook.

To others that do this, it works just fine, just as it did on Tyros ...

Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

Online zionip

Re: unrealBook too?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 02:20:39 PM »
Hi - didn't know if this thread is for any "Genos & iPad" topics ... thought I'd put in that I'm using unrealBook on the iPad, and it works just like it did with Tyros.  I use the same technique I did on Tyros, of sending MIDI strings to the Genos to cause the Genos to recall the Registration for the song I load (PDF file) in unrealBook.

To others that do this, it works just fine, just as it did on Tyros ...

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your information.

I looked at the description of unrealbook at the App store and like it very much.  However, I tried to purchase and download it from the App store several times but failed.  I assume you are running iOS 11.1.2 your iPad and have no problem running unrealbook.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 03:59:07 PM »
Hi - I have been using unrealBook for several years.  My iPad is iOS11, but I don't know if it's the absolute latest version; last time I did an update was a couple of weeks ago ...

Jim

Offline voodoo

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 11:58:13 PM »
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your information.

I looked at the description of unrealbook at the App store and like it very much.  However, I tried to purchase and download it from the App store several times but failed.  I assume you are running iOS 11.1.2 your iPad and have no problem running unrealbook.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Jim,

thanks for this information. I assume that unrealbook sends a bank and program change to call a registration that has to be in the same folder as the current loaded registration. This is how it worked on Tyros.

However, on Genos there is a new protocol allowing to load any registration from anywhere on the Genos, probably using a new sysex command to call the absolute path of the registration file. This protocol is only implemented by SongBook+ so far, but I expect, that other software developers will follow this path, eventually.

Uli
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 12:24:18 AM »
Hi - yes, I send the HEX code for a bank and program change, as you mentioned.  I made up an Excel spreadsheet to help me keep track of the commands to send (available if anyone wants a copy) ... not sure how Songbook+ works, but must be similar . . .

Jim