Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

"Auto Power Saving" and "Auto Power Off"

(1/13) > >>

zionip:
A Genos owner Paul Jones discovered that "Auto Power Off" did not work.

The Genos came with "Auto Power Saving" at 5 min and "Auto Power Off" at 30 min, but these two options did not work on mine. I turned on "Auto Power Saving" to 5 min, and "Auto Power off" to 10 min as testing. Both did not seem to work, the Genos stays on.  Then I tried different combinations of time values for these two options, and they both did not work.

I personally prefer both "Auto Power Saving" and "Auto Power Off" to be disabled though.  The owner's manual page 24 shows short cut to disabling both features "Turn the power on while holding down the lowest key on the keyboard. A message appears briefly and Auto Power Off and Auto Power Saving are disabled."

Paul

markstyles:
Auto Power off works on my Genos.. I've tried different times too. I leave it at 2 hours now.. Since there is no hard drive, I see no problem, other than using electricity..

zionip:

--- Quote from: markstyles on November 20, 2017, 05:13:30 PM ---Auto Power off works on my Genos.. I've tried different times too. I leave it at 2 hours now.. Since there is no hard drive, I see no problem, other than using electricity..

--- End quote ---

Interesting.  That is good for you that "Auto Power Off" works on your Genos.

Which time values did you set "Auto Power Saving" and "Auto Power Off" to?  I was impatient, and so only tested the shortest time settings, which did not work.

I still prefer "Auto Power Saving" and "Auto Power Off" to be disabled anyway.  It is out of curiosity that I want to know why these options work for you, but not me.   :)

Thanks,
Paul

zionip:
I got an interim post on this thread that confirmed that the "Auto Power Off" for Genos works, with initial setting of 30 minutes.  I tested my Genos using the same setting for "Auto Power Off", together with 10 minutes for "Auto Power Saving", these features still do not work for my Genos.

When I returned to this thread, the interim post was deleted.

Personally, I prefer these "Auto Power Saving" and "Auto Power Off" options to be disabled.  Just curious why these published features work on some, but not all Genos. 

Maybe I should stop trying to know whether these options work or not, and move on.

Paul

Kokoriz:
And I thought something wrong with my Genos when I went back to my music room and the Genos was turned off and I know I left it on. Didn't know there was such Power Saving feature. Thanks for this info!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version