Author Topic: Tyros Tipsters UK  (Read 1052 times)

Tyros Tipsters UK
« on: November 20, 2017, 01:13:19 AM »
Just a quick question:
Has anyone received their Yamaha Genos from the Tyros Tipsters (UK) yet? 
I thought Iíd ask here before I call them.
Thanks for your help.
Mike  ;D

Oops!  I posted this to the wrong board.  Would a kind moderator move it to the general board please...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 01:24:11 AM by mikecruiser »
Yamaha Genos, Nord Stage 3, Kurzweil SP6.
Thatís all folks!

Offline DavidB

Re: Tyros Tipsters UK
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 01:22:57 AM »
Hi Mike,

Yes. I received mine last Wednesday.

Not the best purchasing experience I've had, but there's nothing wrong with the Genos.

Regards,
Just don't mention Genos USB drive letter assignments :)

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 01:25:01 AM »
Good to know.  Thanks DavidB!
Thatís all folks!

Offline alans

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 03:20:33 AM »
Hi Mike

I ordered from them 1st week in Oct just after the launch,and I'm still waiting,I rang them last week and they said they would have  some more in later that week but still not heard anything  .
I can't say I'm entirely happy with their service especially when they claimed they would be getting theirs early .

I'm hoping for something this week.  😁😁

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000 and Tyros5

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 03:27:08 AM »
Exactly the same situation as you Alans.

Letís hope for some positive news soon...!
Thatís all folks!

Offline musicmanrgd

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 03:49:21 AM »
Same for me. Paid deposit mid October still no keyboard, although I did have a letter from them just over a week ago saying they are expecting delivery in a week or so.
Roy

Offline DavidB

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 03:54:40 AM »
I'd never dealt with them before but chose to order from them because they made the trade in of my Tyros 4 simple, seemed to be offering a good package, extended warranty and because amongst many promises they assured me their customer service was the best and they would be receiving priority stock etc. being one of the closest dealers to Yamaha UK etc. etc.

The experience didn't live up to the promises. They missed at least 3 stock guesstimates and while I fully accept they're not in control of Yamaha's delivery schedule they didn't once contact me or offer any sort of pro-active customer service, rather leaving it to me to chase them all the time.

While not a big deal, I wish in hindsight I'd ordered from another dealers as in trying to be helpful I suppose, they delivered my Genos already upgraded, set up with my name and with Tyros 5 styles and music finder records loaded. To many this may be an advantage, but I somehow felt deprived of really getting to know my new keyboard.

What's concerning me now though, reading what you guys have to say is that I also ordered mine at the beginning of October, the 3rd to be precise and I was told at one point I was number 14 in their queue. This was after their first delivery of just 8 keyboards, apparently only 5 of which went to customers. As I received mine last Wednesday, the day after I complained to them about their complete lack of pro-active customer service, I'm now wondering if it's not a case of who screams the loudest?

I really hope they deliver to you guys soon because it seems there's something odd going on with them - especially the apparent lack of deliveries from Yamaha.

Offline alans

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 04:25:14 AM »
Hi DavidB

Yes,I think you are correct about shouting the loudest, however I was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt,I rang them Tue  last week and was told  they had 12 coming in and as I was number 20 on the list so I would be getting one of that delivery,but still nothing YET 😂😂

I could have bought from Richtone at Sheffield,much nearer for me,last time I checked their website they were saying they had 3 in stock,but like you ,I thought the tipsters package was worth having plus the saving of £100 for self  collection was worth having.
I have not received any communication from the tipsters, phone nor mail,I think their service leaves something to be desired and would have hoped for something better.But we are where we are 😆

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000 and Tyros5

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 05:15:12 AM »
Add me to the list as I ordered from them in September

Offline DavidB

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 05:18:18 AM »

Think you should speak to them. You must have been lower than me on their list if you ordered in September and so you've been overlooked.

Regards,

Offline alans

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 05:25:41 AM »
Think you should speak to them. You must have been lower than me on their list if you ordered in September and so you've been overlooked.

Regards,

John (ugawoga) and I phoned last week and we were both told we were down for a keyboard on that weeks delivery of 12 .Neither of us have received our Genos nor any communication from them

Something smells 😂

Alan

Offline Pauljones

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 05:32:45 AM »
I am glad I ordered my from somewhere else.  I dealt with them before.  Feel for you guys still waiting.

Offline DavidB

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 05:39:22 AM »

John (ugawoga) and I phoned last week and we were both told we were down for a keyboard on that weeks delivery of 12 .Neither of us have received our Genos nor any communication from them

Something smells 😂

Alan

In a conversation the previous week when I was told what number I am and how many they'd had and what they were doing with them etc... I was told that they expected to be in touch if not by that Friday then the following Monday. That was last Monday... Of course the days came and went with no communication and so on Tuesday (the same day you spoke to them) I sent them a polite but factual email regarding their complete lack of customer service. I was called within 30 minutes by one of the senior staff and informed my Genos had arrived the day before... So, if I am number 14, having ordered on 3rd Oct. and my Genos arrived with them on Mon 13th... then John should have heard at the latest at the same time.

Something smells alright - as you say.

Offline Howardw

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 06:15:23 AM »
I got mine last Friday, could have got it the day before, but I was out and missed their call. I was no. 11 in the queue (ordered in September). I was very pleased with the trade in deal (for a Tyros 5 76) and the Genos arrived with the firmware flashed to the new version, plus a preinstalled USB in the hidden USB slot that contains Tyros 5 content including a large number of registrations. I thought the other extras were good added value and all useful. The Genos arrived with my name programme in to the home screen which I thought was a nice touch. Plus, a couple of weeks ago they sent a USB stick to transfer my Tyros 5 content to before the part exchange.

The Genos Tipsters baseball cap has improved my playing a great deal!

It must be difficult for the retailers when they donít know when stock is going to arrive and then they are promised deliveries that are either short or late. I think Yamaha should have enough experience by now of product launches to get stock to retailers in a more timely manner with better information in this digital age of tracking everything. Therefore, I think Yamaha has room for improvement as logistics is such an important part of any modern business now.
Genos & CVP 609

Offline terryB

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 11:05:09 PM »
I got mine a week ago today. I missed out on the first delivery they received, which was eight keyboards, but got mine from the second of 13.
They seem OK to me as a company, guess the orders for Genos must be large.
cheers Terry

Offline alans

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 12:22:01 AM »
I got mine a week ago today. I missed out on the first delivery they received, which was eight keyboards, but got mine from the second of 13.
They seem OK to me as a company, guess the orders for Genos must be large.
cheers Terry

I was told yesterday by David ,the owner, that they had 121 on order

Alan

Offline terryB

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 05:16:49 AM »
'I was told yesterday by David ,the owner, that they had 121 on order'

Whow that's a lot of keyboards.

Cheers
Terry

Offline whitey

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 10:47:29 AM »
Get mine tomorrow I was number 15 on there list. I ordered mine at the beginning of October they seem ok to me.

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 11:07:13 AM »
I had a missed call whilst out today.  It was the Tyros Tipsters informing me that my Genos will be with me by the end of the week...  :)
Thatís all folks!

Offline DavidB

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2017, 01:05:42 PM »

Any sign of yours then John?