Author Topic: Custom Drums  (Read 235 times)

Offline chesterkins

Custom Drums
« on: November 17, 2017, 01:00:15 PM »
I acquired some custom drums T4 live sounds Plus  I seem to remember I loaded them to the expansion memory even though they were UVD
How do I load these on to my T5?

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Custom Drums
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 03:50:55 PM »
First you must have an expansion memory board installed in your T5 to use expansion voices that are based on wave samples that are not already built into the keyboard's wave ROM.   I assume that you had a board fitted in your T4, and the T5 uses the same ones, so if you kept the board from your T4, you can install that in your T5 if you have not already done so.

Unlike the T4, managing expansion voices on the T5 is done using the Yamaha Expansion Manager (YEM) computer program.

UVD files (and UVN) can be imported into YEM as content of a pack.

After installing your T5 in the 'Install Target' list in YEM, you can use the program to make a pack to install on the keyboard from the content that you have imported into YEM.

So assuming that you have expansion memory installed in your T5, you should download the latest version of YEM and install it on a computer.    Here is a link to the various Tyros5 assets available for download on the UK website.  The YEM software is included in the list:

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/tyros5/downloads.html#product-tabs

Edit:  I have just looked at your previous posts and discovered that you have transferred your expansion board from your T4 to the T5 and are familiar with YEM!  So you just need to import your UVDs into a newly created or existing pack in the program using the 'Import Content' option.  You can then select them to include as an install pack (PPI) to actually install the voices on the keyboard.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 04:02:09 PM by tyrosaurus »

The following users thanked this post: chesterkins