Author Topic: Combining two instruments  (Read 289 times)

Offline robfigee

Combining two instruments
« on: November 17, 2017, 07:50:22 AM »
Hi, I would like to play piano on R1 and vibes on R2 simultaneousli, but don't know how to do that.
Could someone please instruct me how to get this done?
Thanks in advance,

Rob
Casio CTX 6000 and Yamaha PSR s770

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Combining two instruments
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 08:01:25 AM »
Hi, I would like to play piano on R1 and vibes on R2 simultaneousli, but don't know how to do that.
Could someone please instruct me how to get this done?
Thanks in advance,

Select piano on R1 and vibes on R2. Make sure both are lit. Instrument will play both voices.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline robfigee

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 01:30:05 AM »
Thanks, Fred.
My problem was that I have low vision and could not see the Part on/off with those grey characters on black. Using a magnifier I managed to find out how it works.
On certain OTS voices I heard both instruments playing different notes: e.g. piano on C and the flute playing E. Both adjusting their distance by the left hand chords. I suppose this is programmed by the OTS setting. I still have a lot to learn!
Regards,

Rob
Casio CTX 6000 and Yamaha PSR s770

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 08:17:22 AM »
What you're hearing with the different notes is the harmony function. This automatically adds harmony notes according to the chord being played.

The OTS will have picked a default setting but by pressing DIRECT then HARMONY you can alter it. You can pick different harmony strategies (eg close chord, wide chord, octave) and also choose whether the harmony notes are played  on voice R1 only, R2 only, or both.

You don't have use this; if harmony is off, then R1 and R2 play the same note - though to complicate it even more, they can be set to different octaves ....

As you say there's lots to learn if you want to!
S770

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 10:57:10 AM »
Hello Rob. I also have low vision, and have a hard time seeing the black buttons on black background! Cannot live without magnifiers, a whole bunch of them :)
Toril S

PSR S970, PSR 2100 and PSR-47.

http://psrtutorial.com/perf/torilSusegg.html