Author Topic: How to record with Audio Styles (like FrenchDJ) in s950?  (Read 172 times)

Offline ruturaaj

How to record with Audio Styles (like FrenchDJ) in s950?
« on: November 14, 2017, 08:01:07 AM »
Hi,

Today I attempted to record on my USB stick with the style FrenchDJ under "Dance" category on my s950 workstation. But the recorder under USB Audio Player refused to record with Audio Styles. Is there any way I can record with these Audio+ styles? I want to use their Intros as well.

Cheers,

Ruturaaj.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: How to record with Audio Styles (like FrenchDJ) in s950?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 08:10:54 AM »
You cannot record a midi of audio styles. You can record an audio file, but not a midi.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: How to record with Audio Styles (like FrenchDJ) in s950?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 08:51:42 AM »
Unfortunately you can't record Audio styles to the USB Audio Recorder on an S950.

There is a note about this on page 67 of the PSR-S950 Owner's Manual which says:

Data that cannot be recorded includes:
Audio Styles, Songs protected by
copyright (such as Preset Songs),
Audio Link Multi Pads and the metronome
sound.

As an alternative, you could record the signal from the OUTPUT jacks on the rear of the keyboard using an external audio recorder or a suitable DAW on a computer.  The program 'Audacity' can do this and is available free of charge from this link...

http://www.audacityteam.org/

You need to connect the OUTPUT jacks on the keyboard to the computer to record to Audacity, ideally using a suitable audio input on an internal soundcard or a USB audio interface.  However if you don't have either of these, you may be able to use the computer's standard Mic/Line input, but be careful to start with the volume on the keyboard turned well down.  This will probably produce lower quality results, but it may be OK for what you want.

Regards

Ian

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 08:56:43 AM by tyrosaurus »