Author Topic: Genos Expansion pack  (Read 683 times)

Offline dragon

Genos Expansion pack
« on: November 12, 2017, 10:26:13 AM »
I have just made a pack from the updated YEM. It contained many third party or own packs which worked perfectly on  Tyros 5. NOTHING works. Some sounds give me a high pitched squeek, but mostly there is a deathly silence. I am not amused. Anybody else tried this?
Cheers Carol

Offline EileenL

Re: Genos Expansion pack
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 02:36:40 PM »
Have you updated your Keyboard to version 1.10 and loaded in the new version of YEM. I have many third party packs and they all load in and sound really good.

The following users thanked this post: dragon

Offline dragon

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 03:18:35 PM »
Yes latest Yem and updated keyboard. Some of the sounds go way back to tyros 4 but worked perfectly on the 5. I shall try and make another pack tomorrow in case the software gremlins were at work.

Offline voodoo

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 05:27:37 AM »
Are the sound right in YEM? Then they should sound ok on Genos.
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline dragon

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 06:29:47 AM »
I made another pack and installed it through USB 3 stick. I had renamed file but kept the correct extension. This time I had "unsupported format".
Made a smaller pack which included Golden Oldies Rex Style pack from Yamaha, and 3rd party klaus wunderlich .vce sounds., also another pack with many of my old sounds which I used on Tyros 4. This time I sent it to the keyboard via wi- Fi and kept name that YEM gave it. This WORKED.
Now I need to make up my normal working pack and hope I get it right. :)
Cheers Carol

Offline valimaties

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 12:16:10 PM »
I might think you don't do something correctly ...  :o I don't think only name of pack is guilty...
Do you have the stick FAT32 formatted?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 12:17:25 PM by valimaties »

Offline dragon

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 09:10:04 AM »
I have now successfully made a Genos  ppi pack with all the free packs and self made packs that I had on my Tyros5.
Method.
I still have Tyros 5 on YEM so it remembers my last made setup for a ppi file.
I wrote down which packs I had loaded into T5 the last time, and if I loaded the whole pack or just individual instruments and wrote down the name of the instruments. Not all the packs had each item ticked to load as I have more packs than memory (  I had the 1 gig expansion memory on T5 ).

I have already loaded my Genos instrument ID into Yem. I started to make a Genos ppi pack. I checked the same packs and individual instruments that I had used on T5 and made my ppi file which I then saved onto my laptop. I then wanted YEM to send this pack to my keyboard via wifi due to my lack of success with the USB method. It then proceeded to make up the pack again! Another 20 mins wasted
It took 43 mins to send the pack to the keyboard!
All the registrations that had used Expansion voices or styles WORKED. Thank Goodness.

I have not re-tried the USB method but it could have been operator error so I will try at a later stage when my purchased Yamaha Packs are Genos ready. The USB stick I used previously on the Genos, was one I had used before on the T5 so it should have been formatted the correct way.

I hope this long narrative helps others to replicate their Tyros Expansion Packs on Genos.
Cheers
Carol

Offline valimaties

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 02:05:12 PM »
I also had on my T5 some packs from PSR 970... when I downloaded those packs I didn't know that PSR970 has a newer sound generator than T5 andit is possible some of those sounds not working on T5... I have loded on T5 only a couple of voices that was compatible with old keybords from those packs. Yesterday I've opened my YEM and tried to simulate a creation of a pack for Genos from my old T5 packs.I was surprised that ALL of those voices from PSR 970 was selected and succesfully created my new Genos pack. Of course, I have 2 pavk are not yet on scheduled time, but is good to know it's working all of them  :)