Author Topic: Final Tyros 5 "concert"  (Read 516 times)

Offline rattley

Final Tyros 5 "concert"
« on: November 11, 2017, 08:30:11 PM »
Tonight I played my Tyros 5 for 3 straight hours. I had a few neighbors over for drinks and I mentioned the new Genos I was getting on Monday.  They never knew I had a Tyros 5 and needed to sell it.  So I started playing and we all had a great time!  I seldom play for an audience so this was a real treat.  And a bittersweet one too.........knowing Tyros 5 will be going bye bye.   Tonight I played like a pro.......my fingers just knew where to be and when...........shear perfection!   Wished I could play like this all the time.  Tyros 5 is still a great keyboard.  The buyer of mine is in for a real treat!!   Can't wait til Genos Monday.      -charley

Offline vbdx66

Re: Final Tyros 5 "concert"
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 12:36:20 AM »
Hi Charley,

Congratulations for the arrival of your new Genos  8)

It is a pity that you have to part with your Tyros 5 but well, maybe this gave you the opportunity to discover that you can play well in front of an audience and this could lead to other concerts - with your new Genos this time.

Best Regards,

Vinciane.
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650

Offline Marcus

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 06:32:57 AM »
Congrats on your new Genos.

The beauty of upgrading from a Tyros 5 to a Genos is pure compatibility. Any custom files just transfer from a USB Pen drive and same expansion data from the YEM. Just have to wait for certain Yamaha expansion sound packs to be updated for the YEM and Genos.

So the mini concert you performed the other night, can be reproduced Monday night on your new Genos, but sound even better. Reworking and upgrading previous Tyros 5 content on the Genos over time will even be a notch above that. This is even before touching any of the brand new content on the Genos. Have fun and loosing your Tyros 5 is definitely more "sweet" than "bitter", because you loose nothing, but gain a lot more into the coming years.

Monday will come quickly. I have to wait till at least January for my Genos upgrade, but I'll be perfectly fine during the Christmas season and closing out the year with my Tyros 5. My Tyros 5 served me well that's for sure. I trust Yamaha for at least the same quality on the Genos.

Marecus
Gear: Triangle

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 03:06:40 AM »
Charley.........BIG DAY today for you! CONGRATS on the new board, keep us posted on how much you like it!
GENOS, Clavinova CVP 307, PSR s970, Korg Pa4x-76
PSR Performer Page  -  Steve's Gig Disks[/u]