Author Topic: Convert .ppf file to .ppi or .cpi  (Read 22782 times)

david.uk61

Convert .ppf file to .ppi or .cpi
« on: November 11, 2017, 06:40:40 PM »
Hi Team,

is there any chance to covert .ppf file to .ppi or .cpi  ? Kindly help if any software there to convert.

Thanks & Regards,
David

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Bill

Re: Convert .ppf file to .ppi or .cpi
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 09:11:41 PM »
Hi David

Why not download the Yamaha YEM this is what you are after.

It’s available from the Yamaha download sites.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 11:25:58 AM »
You need to use YEM to convert and the when converted you can save it on a USB stick and load into your keyboard.

david.uk61

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 10:51:46 PM »
Hi Bill And Eileen,

Thank you for the reply,

I am right now using PSR S770, which will allow only .ppi or .cpi format
but when i downloaded Indian taals from Yamaha music soft it gave only .ppf file which not compatible for PSR S770.

hence i requested for any software to convert it.

Thanks
David

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 01:46:05 AM »
Hi David,

A .PPF file is potentially much more useful to you than a .PPI file, but you must use YEM to take advantage of it!

A .PPI file is what can be installed directly to your keyboard, however only one .PPI file can be installed at any one time, even if it only uses a small amount of the available expansion memory.  So if you have a pack which has only been supplied as a .PPI file, you can only install this one complete pack to the keyboard.

On the other hand, a .PPF file can be imported into YEM (use the 'Create Pack or Import Content' options), and then the voices or other content from the pack that you want to install on you keyboard use can be selected, and combined with content from other packs into a single PPI file (up to the available memory of approx. 160 MB on an S770).

So in many cases users will use YEM to select voices from the imported .PPF packs to then combine into a single .PPI file to make full use of the expansion memory space .  This .PPI file can then be installed to the keyboard.

Note that some commercial packs are now protected (.CPF) and there may be restrictions about what you can do with these!

Regards

Ian

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, EileenL

Offline Joe H

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 02:02:25 AM »
david,

There are 2 types of files.  PPF which is a "Project File" that gets loaded into the Yamaha Expansion Manager software (YEM) and then there is the PPI "Installation File" that gets loaded into your keyboard.  The YEM software as people have noted above converts the PPF to an PPI file (and so much more)

So as Eileen and Ian have stated above you should download the YEM software and Users Manual from the Yamaha download site and learn how to use it.  We can help once you do that.

Regards,
Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

david.uk61

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 09:56:27 PM »
Thanks all,

now i got it , i need to download the software YEM and need to work along with it to understand how to convert the PPF files into PPI files. i will try this , thank you very much , indeed a great help.  :) :) :)

Regards,
David

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 11:12:38 PM »
Hi David,

Once you have installed your keyboard in the 'Install Target' part of the program's window using the 'Instrument Info' file, and imported some packs or content into the program, if you click on the target keyboard, the top of the screen will change to show the selected target keyboard ,and 'buttons' marked 'Save as  Pack Install File' and 'Send to Instrument'

You can then select content from from each pack that you want to include in the install pack up to the maximum memory available on your keyboard.

You then use either the 'Save as Pack Install File' button to produce a PPI pack which is saved to a USB drive for transfer to the keyboard, or if you have your keyboard connected to the computer via a wireless network, you can create and send the pack to the keyboard using the 'Send to Instrument' button.

PDF versions of the YEM Owner's Manual and the Installation Guide are included in the download, so look out for them and refer to them as necessary.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:13:45 PM by tyrosaurus »

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, Stuart L

david.uk61

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 07:41:56 PM »
Thank you Very much Ian ,

this perfectly worked on my Keyboard and laptop, nice to learn this new thing.

thank you once again  :) :) :)

Regards,
David

edhykey

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2019, 10:16:22 PM »
how to import / load .cpi to yem?

Offline ticktock

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2019, 01:39:35 AM »
YEM does not accept cpi or ppi, as far as I know.
Ted

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2019, 12:23:35 PM »
CPI and PPI files can only be loaded into the keyboard. They can not be converted to CPF or PPF which are the files needed to load into YEM.