Author Topic: psr 3000 recording and saving process  (Read 253 times)

Offline summerbreeze

psr 3000 recording and saving process
« on: November 10, 2017, 03:13:50 PM »
Does anyone have the steps to save a recorded song to the smart card. I keep trying,but can't seem to get to the card.    Thanks   Larry   summerbreezelandn@yahoo.com

Edit: I've edited your email address, Larry, which was incorrect.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 03:19:18 PM by Roger Brenizer »

Online travlin-easy

Re: psr 3000 recording and saving process
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 06:48:16 PM »
I assume you are talking about recording and saving a midi file. The PSR 3000 will not save an audio file.

After recording the song, press the stop button, then tab to the USB drive and select save, give the song a name and select OK.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline summerbreeze

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 03:07:10 PM »
Instead of the usb, Is there a way to just save it to the card?   Thanks   Larry

I am not a keyboard player. I play lead guitar. I can chord some,but my right hand is useless.
     But I only need midis without melody or lead tracks. I'm having a hard time finding decent midis
     that have intros and endings. also I play by ear so forget sheet music.,and most of the time I would
     like to use my own flavor chords.   Again Thanks   

Online travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 04:55:39 PM »
Yes, you could save a midi song to the card, but the 3000 does not save or record audio files - that can only be done with an external recorder.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline summerbreeze

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 11:44:27 AM »
Thanks, I'm only trying to save background midi files. I'm not sure what you mean by an audio file.
        Larry

Online travlin-easy

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 06:44:12 PM »
No problem. Keep in mind, however, that you are limited to just 128 megabytes of memory with the Smart Media Card, therefore it is pretty easy to fill it up.

After recording the midi file, it's just a matter of recording the song using the onboard midi recorder, then press the "A" button on the upper left corner of the display, tab to the SM Card, then select Save by pressing the bottom of the #6 button at the bottom of the display. This will open the screen that allows you to give a name to your new recording, which is done by using the letter keys at the bottom of the screen. The default name is "New Song", which you should delete, then provide the new name and save the song. Pretty straight forward and works the same on All Yamaha arranger keyboards.

Hope this helps,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...