Author Topic: PSR2100 Review  (Read 4967 times)

Offline Joe W

PSR2100 Review
« on: June 10, 2003, 09:21:02 AM »
George Kaye has just drafted his first review of the PSR2100, which arrived in his shop yesterday.  It "sounds" like there will be some terrific new sounds:

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/006588.html
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

rattley

George's Review............
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2003, 04:06:04 PM »
You must read this review!  Only George's words can describe the PSR2100's new voices. His description still has me mesmorized thinking about that "rosin on the bow" sound of the violin................Check it out!

travlin'easy

PSR2100 Review
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2003, 08:38:25 PM »
I just read one of George's replys, in which he said many of the new instruments are straight out of the Tyros. If anyone out there can copy and fowards some of those instrument sounds that George talked about, the violin, etc, I believe most will load into the 2000. Sure would be a great addition.

Cheers,

Gary

Scott Langholff

voices
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2003, 10:58:39 PM »
Hi Gary

Now you've got me thinking.  Maybe those voices would load into the user voices.  Hmmmm.  Let me know if you find anything out.

Best

Scott

Offline Joe W

Moving Voices
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2003, 07:20:55 AM »
As I mentioned in a Synthzone posting, I doubt that the new voices in the 2100 can be duplicated in the 2000.  These improvements are most likely built into the firmware of the new keyboard.  When one "edits" a voice and changes some parameters, you can save the result in the USER area but what is being saved is simply the specific "changes" you made to the default voice.  The default voice is the internal voice and the internal voice will be different on the 2100 than it is on the 2000.  

This difference doesn't usually apply to the styles and the accompaniment because they are normally made from the XG voice set, which is similar on all the Yamaha keyboards so that the styles are interchangeable.  They were not so interchangeable on the Tyros because, for the first time, Yamaha used features specific to the Tyros in the Tyros styles, i.e. the Mega Bass and Guitars.  These Mega features are not in the 2100 so the 2100 styles will work on the 2000 perfectly fine, but their included OTS may, in fact, sound very different.  I'll know for sure, hopefully, within a week.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page