Author Topic: Genos demo MusicStoreTV  (Read 1186 times)

Offline ckobu

Genos demo MusicStoreTV
« on: November 10, 2017, 03:38:19 AM »
Yamaha Genos Live Demo mit Manni Pichler

https://youtu.be/-UDD1Tbrmdo

Yamaha Genos Live Demo mit Sadi Richter

https://youtu.be/2vbHaCqKSdY

« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 03:59:30 AM by ckobu »
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: Ed B, Marcosf, Gunnar Jonny, jo mustafa

Offline ugawoga

Re: Genos demo MusicStoreTV
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 05:02:04 AM »
Hi

Do you all notice the speaker system they use. Always a top speaker and sub each side.
The quality is great. We all walk away impressed and when we get out the Genos and sound system , we think, I wished it sounded like that demo.
How do we get that quality to our ears scaled down to the 10ft by 10ft room without saying we need monitors.
Then it is pa then for quality sound??
Monitors for mixing? or maybe EQ to colour your sound.
I hate the Genos speakers as they are too toppy and thin with a boom box. No doubt about that and for the price they are joking.
To me ,no different to the Tyros speakers and that is my ears saying that.
I am still in that rock and hard place for speakers and now I am leaning toward Hs8's as that seems the top option so far or Focal alphas front bass ports.
I will keep searching and hope to come to a satisfying conclusion soon.
There is another problem for me as i would love to hear different speakers at say the Tyros tipsters shop,but they only stock Stagepass from the site they are on.
Also I do not want to tramp around the Uk with the Genos to try speakers in shops as that would be a lengthy process.
Just want quality sound

IT'S A HARD LIFE AIN'T IT!!! ::)

All the best
john
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 05:18:09 AM by ugawoga »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 11:55:05 AM »
Hi

Do you all notice the speaker system they use. Always a top speaker and sub each side.

I use this type of sistem for at least 10 years  ;D
What do you use? (Sorry for offtopic...)
Btw, great videos...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 12:11:31 PM by valimaties »

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 01:28:36 PM »
It sounds great,
this is the way we use the arranger keyboard around here!!
One man band like this, duo or trio mute some sounds treated by the rest of the gang. :)
very nice demo.
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers & Happy Playing.  :)
GJ

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 02:49:07 PM »
Hi Valimaties
I was pointing out really the quality of the Yamaha demos using this system of speakers and would like that sound In my home studio and The Dxr 8 's were recommended. should not need a sub with those in a smaller environment
That would be for pleasurable quality playback and my other monitors for mixing. Pricey though at £1000 a pair
If you keep those through Genos 2,3,3,4 and 5 your payout would equalize through buying and selling the Genos system through every release.
also option for small party
I realize now that they might not be overkill as as always stated is RMS not actual watts as reading 700watts a speaker would blow the flaming doors off, but that is RMS

All the best
john
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 02:55:24 PM by ugawoga »

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 10:10:44 AM »
Hi Ckobu,

Thanks for both videos.

I think there is a mistake in the second link, it points to a demonstration by Peter Baartmans, not Sadi Richter.

As for the first demonstration (Manni Pichler), IMHO it is the best Genos demonstration so far. It shows what a talented keyboard player can achieve with a TOTL arranger like the Genos, including the vocal harmonizer. At last someone who is playing real songs on the instrument, with voices and styles which go very well together with the chosen songs, all that with nice vocals at the top.

I never heard Manni Pichler demonstrating before, but I think that from now on I will be following him.

Best Regards,

Vinciane.
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 10:28:32 AM »
The Demo I went to they we using the 400,I stage pass speaker set and the sound was great.
  I suppose that is the good thing about having Yamaha speakers and mixers as they are well matched to the keyboards.

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 05:59:07 PM »
I agree that the Pichler and Richter videos are the best showing off the Genos.  Looks like thereís a guy off the right side mixing or recording the audio----and maybe the video, as well.  Both Martin Harris and Peter Baartmans are great players; however, it seems like Yamaha would want to present their arrangers in a real world setting, as if someone were performing live, such as the two videos mentioned.  And, if the Yamaha demonstrators donít care to sing, then, get some top-notch male and female vocalists, who can do the job, and let Harris or Baartmans back them up, as if in a live venue.  Any harm with that?

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 06:48:29 PM »
Interesting to note that the German Yamaha demos often have singers! (Also Michael Voncken and Susan Albers)

Hi

The quality is great. We all walk away impressed and when we get out the Genos and sound system , we think, I wished it sounded like that demo.
How do we get that quality to our ears scaled down to the 10ft by 10ft room without saying we need monitors.
Then it is pa then for quality sound??
Monitors for mixing? or maybe EQ to colour your sound.
I hate the Genos speakers as they are too toppy and thin with a boom box. No doubt about that and for the price they are joking.
To me ,no different to the Tyros speakers and that is my ears saying that.
I am still in that rock and hard place for speakers and now I am leaning toward Hs8's as that seems the top option so far or Focal alphas front bass ports.
I will keep searching and hope to come to a satisfying conclusion soon.
There is another problem for me as i would love to hear different speakers at say the Tyros tipsters shop,but they only stock Stagepass from the site they are on.
Also I do not want to tramp around the Uk with the Genos to try speakers in shops as that would be a lengthy process.
Just want quality sound

IT'S A HARD LIFE AIN'T IT!!! ::)

All the best
john

This is the thing. I reckon speakers definitely matter.
I have an acoustically treated room. I have a couple of Yamaha HS8s.

I wonder what would sound better at the moment:
A new Genos with the Genos speakers
or a second hand Tyros 5 that comes without speakers with my Yamaha HS8s and get a HS Subwoofer.

At the moment I'm leaning towards getting a second hand Tyros 5 simply because of the cost. And also since I've not played an arranger in years I doubt I would get the full benefit from the immediate step towards a Genos. Perhaps wait for a Genos 2, if there will be one.

Offline Pino

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 07:46:45 PM »
Guys,  be very careful not to waste your money for a small improvement or even no improvement at all. Itís an expensive game,  I know from past experience

Better with a smaller system cranked up to 80%, thatís when they sound sweet.
You probably will need a small sub.

The sound you hear on the Yamaha demos has nothing to do with the speakers,
itís taken from line out to the recording desk.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 09:47:15 PM »
Hei guys, did you notice Sadi's video is not more diponible?   :-\

Offline ckobu

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 04:06:27 AM »
Hi Ckobu,

Thanks for both videos.

I think there is a mistake in the second link, it points to a demonstration by Peter Baartmans, not Sadi Richter.

Vinciane.

Hei guys, did you notice Sadi's video is not more diponible?   :-\

I can see video in the second link, play Sadi Richter. I dont know whay you can t see there.
Watch my video channel

Offline valimaties

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 04:19:34 AM »
2017_11_12_14_26_54" border="0

Offline ckobu

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 04:26:59 AM »
I look at my home computer but I do not see the video on the cellphone as well.  :(
Watch my video channel

Offline valimaties

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2017, 04:35:04 AM »
I look at my home computer but I do not see the video on the cellphone as well.  :(

Yes, now I saw I can see on my media player but not on mobile. It seems it has been restricted for mobile access, but I don't know why did they do this  ???

Offline tyrosman

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 09:01:21 AM »
you could also get QSC 10 inch or 8 inch speakers they are fantastic :) and worth the money
TYROS 5 the best ever

Offline pjd

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 07:09:50 AM »
you could also get QSC 10 inch or 8 inch speakers they are fantastic :) and worth the money

Thanks, tyrosman. I use QSC K8, too. Very portable and the sound is clear and relatively uncolored for powered PA speakers. The K8s produce enough bass without a subwoofer.

I also play through a Yamaha MSR100 monitor with the line OUT going to the church PA (two Bose line arrays). The MSR100 bass helps to fill out the line arrays.

Hope this helps -- pj