Author Topic: Genos subwoofer 8 pin micro DIN plug.  (Read 529 times)

Offline mcbrown

Genos subwoofer 8 pin micro DIN plug.
« on: November 10, 2017, 01:43:02 AM »
The cable to connect the sub woofer to the Genos has an arrow on the cable at each end. In my experience with connections the dot or arrow etc usually aligns with the top of the plug. When connecting my sub woofer to the Genos the arrow goes to the left side of the plug on the back of the sub and to the bottom of the connection on the back of the Genos. I was concerned that I could damage the 8 pins on the cable. A rather inconsistent approach I thought.
Murray
Genos & GNS-MS01 spkrs, TouchMix 30 Digital Mixer, Fender Strat, Music Man 210 75 guitar amp, Behringer GMX 212 Guitar amps & FCB1010, Behringer B1200D Sub & B205D f/b spkrs x 4, Boss GT-10 Guitar Effects, Roland GR-55 Guitar Synth, LD Systems MAUI 28 G2

Offline Lloyd E

Re: Genos subwoofer 8 pin micro DIN plug.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 04:33:10 AM »
I agree and the orientation should be very plainly marked. I had trouble plugging the cable in as the arrow does NOT tell if it goes on top, bottom or where.  I would guess that a few owners will try and force the
connection resulting in bent pins.   Lloyd
Music is the way to go

Online Pauljones

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 04:51:09 AM »
Hi Lloyd & Murray,

Will it be too much trouble if one of you could measure the length of the "Phone cable" for me please.  Its the cable from the Genos to the speaker.  Eileen, told me that the speaker cables are not long enough for the speakers to fully face forward.

Thanks

Paul

Offline mcbrown

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 09:15:47 AM »
Hi Paul,  yes Eileen is correct. There is not enough length to rotate the speakers away from you to the audience. I measured my leads as 237mm or 9 3/8 inches. I measured from the section that is flush with the surface of the speaker and the surface of the Genos.
Total length is 298mm or 11 3/4 inches.

Murray
Genos & GNS-MS01 spkrs, TouchMix 30 Digital Mixer, Fender Strat, Music Man 210 75 guitar amp, Behringer GMX 212 Guitar amps & FCB1010, Behringer B1200D Sub & B205D f/b spkrs x 4, Boss GT-10 Guitar Effects, Roland GR-55 Guitar Synth, LD Systems MAUI 28 G2

Online Pauljones

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 09:29:18 AM »
Thanks Murray

Offline Bob88

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 01:23:03 PM »
  How can this happen?    The cable from  the sub does not line up and the speaker cables are too short. This is an oversight that is totally  ridiculous.   I get my new Genos on Monday and already  feel somewhat reluctant.  A number of posts have indicated  shortfalls or corrections needed.
 For those  who  are tech inclined, would there be  such a thing as a short extension cable to add to the speakers?  Yamaha SHOULD  make things right.  Costomers have paid a high price. Bob

Offline Lloyd E

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 01:29:00 PM »
David
What a pleasant reply.   Lloyd
Music is the way to go

Online Pauljones

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 01:50:47 PM »
I bought a pair of longer cable for the 2 speakers which are now can be turned all the way to the front.  The new cables are exactly 1 inch or 2.5cm longer than the ones supplied by Yamaha.  How ridiculous!!!!!