Author Topic: PSR Tutorial Member Map  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Joe W

PSR Tutorial Member Map
« on: November 09, 2017, 10:06:30 AM »
Thanks to a suggestion from YammyFan and a helpful pointer from DrakeM and a number of members who have helped test out the idea, I am pleased to announce a new feature for the PSR Tutorial -- The PSR Tutorial Member Map.

If you've ever wondered whether there were any other forum members living near you, the member map may be just the thing to help you find other Yamaha arranger owners. I have prepared a brief tutorial to explain how this map works. You'll find that tutorial here:

https://psrtutorial.com/PSRMapHelp.html

I suggest looking through the tutorial first so you know what to expect. You can not only indicate your location, but provide your forumID (for exchanging email), a photo, an MP3, or even a YouTube video.  Whether you add your pin or not, you can browse through the pins that are there already.

The actual Member Map is here:

https://psrtutorial.com/PSRMap.html

The map page has a link to the tutorial page and the tutorial page has a link to the map page.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Arnie, Keyboardist, hans1966, vbdx66, alanclare, Halesowen Kid

Offline Joe W

Re: PSR Tutorial Member Map
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 01:23:23 PM »
In case anyone runs into problems and would like a re-do, just let me know and I can delete the problem marker.  If you have captured the URL, you should be able to delete it yourself.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline Joe W

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 11:36:14 AM »
One day after the official launch of the PSR Tutorial Map, we have 28 pins in there.  Take a look and maybe add your own pin there:

https://psrtutorial.com/PSRMap.html

Note: the tiny button [>>] in the upper left hand opens up a list of pin names. Click on any name to go to that pin.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline Gloria

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 12:42:49 PM »
JOE, this is a neat and interesting map idea!   ;D

Regards, Gloria
"Music is the Universal Language"
PSR Performer Page

Offline robs68

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 01:06:39 PM »
Joe, Thanks so much for this option. Its a great help to find other local Yamaha users.  Rob

Offline Tyros Trax

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 03:16:37 PM »
I am near Bob W, what a small world, eh?

Offline pmedina

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 03:35:35 PM »
Hi Joe, very good job and nice result. But, what about Central and South America? I would like to know about the Spanish talking keyboard players, as I. Thanks for all your effort with this community.

Offline Joe W

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 06:48:40 PM »
There are certainly members from South America.  But, they need to put a pin on the map for you to see them.  Patrick has his pin in and he's way off in New Caledonia (east of Australia).
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 11:35:13 AM »
Hi Joe,

Unfortunately I did not save the URL of my pin so I cannot edit it. Is there a way I can delete my pin and make a new one? Iíd like to upload a song I recorded a long time ago to the Media tab.

Thanks for helping,

Vinciane.
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650

Offline Halesowen Kid

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 12:03:40 PM »
Great Joe, music from around the world.... ;)

Offline Joe W

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 02:52:25 PM »
Hi Joe,

Unfortunately I did not save the URL of my pin so I cannot edit it. Is there a way I can delete my pin and make a new one? Iíd like to upload a song I recorded a long time ago to the Media tab.

Thanks for helping,

Vinciane.
No problem, Vinciane.  I will go ahead and delete now and you can take another go at it.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: vbdx66

Offline erbis

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 01:37:01 AM »
Good Day, Joe:
I can see that I am the only Polish user on the map for the time being.
Greetings
Ryszard
Wojciech Kilar:"(...) has nothing more beautiful than infinitely endless sound or consonance, that this is precisely the deepest wisdom, not our tricks with sonata allegrem, fugue, harmony".

Offline Pauljones

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 01:59:55 AM »
Thanks Joe,  I've got the link this time.

Offline alanclare

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 11:35:52 PM »
Joe

Might it be that the presence of this ingenious new feature deserves to be given more prominence in the forum? Itís not obvious at the moment.

Alan

Offline Joe W

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2017, 07:35:20 AM »
We're up to 41 pins, a few being added every day.  But, perhaps we can encourage more participation by making this a contest.  By my count, I see:

19 pins in Europe   and   18 pins in the US(15) + Canada(3).

So, where do we have more members?  We have 33 members online as I write this note, and 159 Guests! 
But there are 247 Senior Members, 253 Assoc Members, 354 Asst Members, 446 Junior Members, 874 Novice Posters and 2,882 Readers.  So, there is plenty of pins that can go into that map.  And as it gets filled, it provides a useful and interesting look at where all the Yamaha owners are.

OK, all you US and Canada members, get your pins in; the Europeans are ahead of you!  Australia and New Zealand should be able to add quite a few pins as well.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 02:33:15 PM »
Why not put up a link at the Forum frontpage?
Can't se any info about the map other than this tread?
Cheers & Happy Playing.  :)
GJ

Offline Joe W

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 05:18:56 PM »
Why not put up a link at the Forum frontpage?
Can't se any info about the map other than this tread?

There is now a permanent link on the upper right-hand side of the page, in the News: item right under the Search box.  Instead of rotating News items, there is now only one - the link to the Map. Let's see if that helps.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: alanclare

Offline Mjm

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 09:19:16 PM »
Great idea Joe. Thanks for all the work you no doubt put into creating the map for us. 😊

Best regards,

Mark

Offline Joe W

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 08:17:46 PM »
I've expanded the PSR Performer Map to include 98 entries, most including a sample song, a great musical tour of Yamaha players over the years and over the world.  I've included several deceased (dec) players, that I know about.  Here's a link to the updated map:

https://psrtutorial.com/perf/PerformerMap.html

Note that this is DIFFERENT from the PSR Tutorial Map for forum members.  Get to that by the link at the top right corner of the forum and put your pin in there!
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline alanclare

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2017, 11:43:04 PM »
Thatís much better Joe. Big thanks from me as well - for everything.

Offline Joe W

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2017, 08:03:19 AM »
My Thanks to the 12 members who have added their pins to the Forum Members map this past week:

Alan Clare, Cristi_S, muddy, Pierre Skoglund, Murray Best, Kaimei19, Saxxman, Aulis GŚrdemark, erbis, Mjm (Mark), Udo Becker, and Sandeep,

There are now 53 members on the map -- let's double that number! 
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline alanclare

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2017, 11:33:19 PM »
I make it Europe 29 USA 22 at the moment - but I could be wrong.

Offline DonRoos

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2017, 07:00:55 AM »
So it looks like I am the first pin in Africa!  "Lonely, I am so lonely...."

Offline erbis

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2017, 02:00:45 PM »
And I am lonely in Poland :)
Wojciech Kilar:"(...) has nothing more beautiful than infinitely endless sound or consonance, that this is precisely the deepest wisdom, not our tricks with sonata allegrem, fugue, harmony".

Offline Joe W

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2017, 08:38:30 PM »
A few more members have discovered, and added their pins, to the PSR Tutorial Member Map.

http://psrtutorial.com/PSRMap.html

Europeans are still ahead.  Current count are 33 pins in Europe and 30 in the US/Canada with 8 in the Rest of World.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline Joe W

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 07:47:33 PM »
MAP UPDATE:

We now have 82 pins in the member map. Europe leads with 39 pins, US/Canada has 31, and ROW has 12.

There are two pins without names, listed as Anonymous, one in Durban, South Africa and the other in S. Lanarkshire, UK.  If you are one of them and would like to add your userID to the pin, let me know and I can add it for you.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2017, 12:53:38 AM »
Hi Joe,,

Took a look at the map and tried to pin my locale, but it is so small and could not execute a correct pin.

am located in Israel so can you please  PIN ME....

thanks

cheers
Elaine
tsafat, israel
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

Offline Joe W

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2017, 08:40:27 AM »
Hi Joe,,

Took a look at the map and tried to pin my locale, but it is so small and could not execute a correct pin.

am located in Israel so can you please  PIN ME....

thanks

cheers
Elaine
tsafat, israel

The first thing to note, Elaine, is that the + and - signs in the lower right corner of the map are used to zoom in or zoom out on the map.  You can zoom down pretty close to street level.

Second, the "Address" field can be used to locate your pin rather than trying to stick it right on top of your house.  In hour case, I entered "tsafat, Israel" and placed the pin.  It came out reading  "Safed, Israel".  I then tried a google search and found that "tsafat" was one of many ways of spelling "Safed" so I assume that was correct.

I've added the extra details in my response, since I'm sure a lot of members could benefit from the answers.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2017, 03:02:02 AM »
 ;)

Thanks Joe for the pin,

Yes, Tsfat, Safed,, etal  has many spellings and you selected the correct one.
Should have read the directions a bit better and saved you the trouble.
Anyway,, much appreciate your help.

all the best to a terrific forum

merry cheers
elaine
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

The following users thanked this post: erbis

Offline erbis

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2017, 04:03:16 AM »
Elaine:)
It's nice to see your pin on the map.
Greetings from Poland
Ryszard
I would add that I have been travelling to Safed since yesterday. Beautiful old town.
Of course, I wander virtually. Internet is power:)

Offline valbess

« Reply #30 on: Today at 06:56:28 AM »
What a great website Joe - appreciate the hard work.  Have put in my pin but feeling a bit lonely up in the North East of England.   Val
Tyros 4 with Stagpas 300

Offline Tresclub

« Reply #31 on: Today at 08:31:02 AM »
Hi Joe,
Thanks for helping,
Vinciane.
Me too Joe.  Could you please delete my pin, so I can create a new one, more detailed.
Thanks.

Warren

Offline Toril S

« Reply #32 on: Today at 09:03:13 AM »
Hello :) My eyesight was not sufficient for this business, so I wonder if someone could put a pin on me? I live in Trondheim, Norway :)
Toril S

PSR S970, PSR 2100 and PSR-47.

http://psrtutorial.com/perf/torilSusegg.html