Author Topic: Round Robin sounds and Tyros 5  (Read 364 times)

Offline Seagull29

Round Robin sounds and Tyros 5
« on: November 06, 2017, 11:35:46 AM »
Hi,
I'm looking for a soft to make my owns Round Robin voices and us them on my T5. It's specially for  making snare voices and backgrounds vocals as " shoo-bee doo -woua" or similar. That's my first question.
Another question: is it possible to use Round Robin sounds in YEM and how to do it ? Is there special functions to insert in voice program to have a good result ?
Thanks for your help
Regards

seagull29

Offline Marcus

Re: Round Robin sounds and Tyros 5
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 12:53:02 PM »
Hi,
I'm looking for a soft to make my owns Round Robin voices and us them on my T5. It's specially for  making snare voices and backgrounds vocals as " shoo-bee doo -woua" or similar. That's my first question.
Another question: is it possible to use Round Robin sounds in YEM and how to do it ? Is there special functions to insert in voice program to have a good result ?
Thanks for your help
Regards

seagull29
Those cycling Tyros voices are SA type, which we cannot edit in the YEM or create our own. For now we are limited to using single loop samples to create our own voices/drum kits or modifying Normal Voices or Normal Drum kits from the Tyros 5.

You can however use a REX file as a Multipad or as a style drum part, but perhaps some interesting round robin cycling is possible because a REX basically cycles the beat slices or audio slices. You could make audio slices into a REX, but with no pitch change ability, only time stretch (tempo).

Marcus
Gear: Triangle

Offline Seagull29

Re: Round Robin sounds and Tyros 5
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 08:33:21 AM »
Hi Marcus,
Thanks for your info. That's what I thought about Round Robin sounds and Tyros. But I saw a way to make "pseudo " Round Robin loops with a Korg Kronos by using a "sample sequence".
This tuto is in french but very interesting. May be a way to get around the difficulty.

http://coyote14.blogspot.fr/2017/02/round-robin-sur-le-korg-kronos.html

regards

Seagull29