Author Topic: Recording My Performance for Posting - Email, Social Media, Youtube etc?  (Read 440 times)

Online stitch-up

Hello all

Only had my Tyros 5 for six months and still very much a beginner :) I'm still finding my way round the menu!

So to my question and please excuse me if this so basic!

I have friends that own various different brands of keyboards and often video themselves playing or simply record the audio of their live performances. These recordings are then posted to Social Media, Youtube etc and sometimes emailed. Some sound good while others have very poor audio!

What is the best way to:

Record Audio Only.
Can this be done on the Tyros 5 and then saved to USB in a usable format?

Audio & Video.
My guess is I'd need to setup a video camera with a mic?

I'm interested to hear from others who post their performances :)

Thank you

John
Tyros 5 Since May 2017

Offline Telmo

Re: Recording My Performance for Posting - Email, Social Media, Youtube etc?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 12:05:03 PM »
Please don't record from a camera. The sound is horrible and Tyros doesn't deserve that. Record the audio directly on Tyros audio-recorder. The quality is much better. For video I use a Sony Handycam with high definition. In the end you just have to mute the audio from the camera and sync the wav audio with the vídeo using a video editor. Simple as that. Happy playing.

Online stitch-up

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 12:55:14 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

I guessed syncing the audio with the video would be the way to go :)

I haven't even looked at the audio recording section of the Tyros 5 yet!

Regards & thanks

John
Tyros 5 Since May 2017

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 05:42:00 PM »
John,

When you record from the Audio Recorder, it produces a .WAV file. These are quite large. If you want to share your songs on Social Media it is best to convert them to MP3's first which reduces the file size tremendously without a noticeable loss of quality in the sound. You can download Audacity to convert WAV to MP3's. Here is the link. http://www.audacityteam.org/download/

Rick D.

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 07:43:19 PM »
The way I created my videos posted on YouTube, was to use the camera to record every thing sound and the video too. I also recorded the song with the keyboard's WAV recorder.

I then used MicroSoft Movie Maker and imported both the video and WAV file into the program. I then match the WAV audio to that of the video sound. Once the two were matched up, I just muted the sound on the video and SAVED the whole thing as a new video. It is pretty simple to do.

Regards
Drake

Online stitch-up

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 02:40:57 PM »
Thank you all for the great help.

The learning curve is steep, but I'm loving it :)

Cheers

John
Tyros 5 Since May 2017

Offline karmacomposer

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 07:46:03 PM »
I have posted music with video to social media before, but in my case, I have a reasonably high end recording studio in my home.

All my keyboards feed into my recording computer via my digital mixer.  I record into a DAW (usually Studio One Pro 3 or Nuendo) all at one time to different stereo tracks.

At the same time, I set up a video camera and record into the same computer at the same time as the audio, although I can always sync up later if need be.  Software like Nuendo allows you to record both simultaneously without any frame loss.  I export from Nuendo into two separate files - one uncompressed audio and one uncompressed video.

I bring my files into Hitfilm Pro, put them on the timeline and then perform some editing and post effects/color grading/compositing and anything else I need and then export to a HD streaming format, such as mp4 or mov and then upload to youtube or Facebook.

That's how I do it, anyway.

Mike
Yamaha Tyros 5 76 key, MOXF8 88 key, PSR s910, Korg M3 88 key, Karma, Presonus Studio One Pro 3, Samplitude 12 Pro, many vsti, EWQLSO, EWQLSC and KHSO Diamond. 10 networked dual/quad/octo core Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 64 bit PCs & 1 Mac Book Pro