Author Topic: How to layer two voices  (Read 440 times)

Offline robfigee

How to layer two voices
« on: November 03, 2017, 09:49:10 AM »
Hi, on my old Casio I chose one voice, pushed the button "Layer"then chose the second voice and that's it. Both voices sounding simultaneously. How do that on my PSR 770?
Sorry to keep asking so many questions, but I am new to this great keyboard, so...
Thanks in advance,

Rob
Casio CTX 6000 and Yamaha PSR s770

Online tyrosaurus

Re: How to layer two voices
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 10:34:26 AM »
Hi Rob,

On Yamaha keyboards, the additional Right Voice parts are I suppose what Casio call 'Layer'.

On your S770 there are two Right voice parts Right1, and Right2.  You can turn both of these on together using the 'PART ON/OFF' buttons to the right of the Data Wheel to create a layer.

You can select/change the voice for each part by pressing the relevant 'PART SELECT' button above the 'PART ON/OFF' buttons, or alternatively you can press the button next to the relevant voice part in the 'MAIN' screen.

That's basically it, but you can read more about Voices if you want starting on page 35 of the 'Owner's Manual'.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 10:38:25 AM by tyrosaurus »

Offline robfigee

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 12:27:38 PM »
Thanks, Ian.
It soumds a bit more complicated than on the Casio, but I will try to do it this way, neanwhile looking again at the manual.

Regards,

Rob
Casio CTX 6000 and Yamaha PSR s770

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 02:01:05 PM »
It's much more flexible. Rather than having the idea of a 'main' voice and a 'dual' voice, you basically have 2 completely independent voices available - R1 and R2. You can choose to have either one, or both, activated.

Each of R1 and R2 can have its own settings for DSP, octave, reverb depth etc.

Offline david.uk61

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 11:07:24 AM »
HI DerekA,

how to make octave setting for Right voice2?

i am trying to use same instrument like flute with lower octave in R1 and higher Octave in R2, but dont know how to make this achieve,

could you please help me,

Thanks
David

Offline DerekA

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 12:25:15 PM »
You do this using the 'voice set' pages.

Press the 'part select' button for voice R2 (i.e. the button you would use to select the voice). Then press the button below the screen for Voice Set.  The first page, titled 'common', has a 'part octave' setting. You can use the buttons below that setting to choose between -1, 0, 1 or 2.  NB Although the setting is headed 'R1 R2' it will only affect the part you're currently editing.

You can do the same to adjust the octave for R1 by pressing part select for R1.

If you haven't tried this already, there are lots of other settings you can adjust to change the voice. Use the tab buttons beside the screen to move between editing pages.
S770