Author Topic: Genos N27 file  (Read 695 times)

Offline voodoo

Genos N27 file
« on: November 01, 2017, 05:27:16 AM »
I tried to make my own Genos N27 information file. I took a file from Tyros 5 and changed the keyboard string and the serial number in a hex editor. This works partially. YEM recognizes the N27 and shows the Genos in the install target list. However, it is not possible to create a Genos custom voice as it is possible for Tyros.

So could anybody having a Genos, perhaps send me a valid Genos N27 file, perhaps after changing the serial number?

Uli
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline EileenL

Re: Genos N27 file
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 07:34:26 AM »
Surely you are better waiting until you have your own Genos then it will be easy.

Offline voodoo

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 12:21:54 AM »
As far as I understand, there is nothing new in new YEM. You can try T5 instrument that gives the same possibilities....
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Lloyd E

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 11:32:41 AM »
I have my Genos and tried to register my N27 file with Yamaha but due to the following I could not.
See the Reference Manual, PG. 150
1.Connected my Stick to the Genos.
2.Went to "Menu>Expansion
3.Touched "Export Instrument Info.
4.Now it says"Follow the on display instructions" but there is no display instructions so it leaves you dead in the water.
   Have contacted Yamaha about this problem and hopefully get an answer come Monday.
Music is the way to go

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 09:35:26 AM »
Put your USB stick in Genos and now go to Expansion. Press Export Instrument Info and press OK. It is now on your usb.

The following users thanked this post: Lloyd E