Author Topic: Genos Style Showreel  (Read 1411 times)

Genos Style Showreel
« on: October 31, 2017, 04:46:57 PM »
Live in about 35 minutes (now uploading, allmost 7 Gb  :-X):

https://youtu.be/Yv2ErfRRuR8

Copy-paste of the description:

After the previous video I felt I had to post something that does the soundquality of the Genos more justice than the last video, so here you go. Thank you Muziekcentrum Middelburg again for using the showroom model.

A few remarks:
  • Yes, I know the video is sometimes focussing on my legs in stead of the Genos. Thank you autofocus.
  • Yes, the loudness is (too) high, sometimes you might experience a little distortion. The sound is coming straight from the internal recorder of the Genos, so don't blame me  ;D A good headphone or speakers will mostly compensate.
  • The songs itself are made-up on the spot, the only difference with the other video is that I now knew what was under the OTS buttons.
You will hear a lot of familiar theme's, but to prevent any copyright warnings by the recordlabel maffia I improvised most of the showreel. Watch at least in 720p to get a decent audiobitrate.

Best Regards,

Joost

The following users thanked this post: dragon, Keyboardist, gerard, maartenb, angusprune, jo mustafa, pchan

Offline gerard

Re: Genos Style Showreel
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 05:24:39 PM »
This is like waiting in line to see a blockbuster movie!!! LOL

The following users thanked this post: jo mustafa

Offline Keyboardist

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 05:31:05 PM »
I've got my buttered Popcorn, milk duds and raisinetes  ;D :) :)
Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 05:31:46 PM »
It's online now!  ;D 

720p - 4k will be available soon I guess.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 05:33:39 PM by Keyboardplayer »

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 05:51:49 PM »
Incredible sounds and styles. If I were in good enough condition, physically, to go on stage again, a New Genos would be on order right now! :)

Almost forgot. I wish to compliment you on your incredible playing skills and loved every minute of your performances. You are indeed very a talented individual.

I would love to see you performing some traditional country, big band and 70s styles as well. Your skills with the newer styles are impeccable to say the very least.

Thanks for posting,

Gary 8)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 06:08:54 PM by travlin-easy »
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Keyboardist

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 05:56:00 PM »
Thank You Keyboardplayer for another vid of the Geno's
Nice playing on your part of the board; really  :)
I like the way the board looks as well as it sounds ,the black with the blue lights plus the high quality of course .

Craig
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 05:59:58 PM by Keyboardist »
Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page

Offline Chalky

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 06:10:05 PM »
Hi Joost,
That was fantastic and I have been following you on YouTube For some years playing your Tyros 4.
I always look forward to your broadcasts on YouTube.
Thank you and best regards
Chalky

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 06:18:28 PM »
Fantastic, Joost!!!  You're very talented, my friend.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Online Rick D.

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 06:31:43 PM »
Thanks Keyboardplayer, that was fantastic.

Your playing skills matched with a Genos is a winning combination!

Thanks again for another great demo.

Rick D.

Offline Ed B

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 06:44:51 PM »
Thanks Joost you did a great job as usual.

Best
Ed B
Keep on learning

Offline mikf

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 09:07:32 PM »
Joost - very nice, both keyboard and player.
What set up are you using, split point, fingering?
Mike

Offline Patrick

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2017, 10:27:42 PM »
Thanks Joost and bravo for the show! great time with you again; all the best Patrick
 ;)

Offline Mjm

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2017, 11:53:03 PM »
Well done Joost! Thanks for posting. 😊

Regards,

Mark

Offline alans

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2017, 02:26:15 AM »
Once again, Joost,many thanks for a fantastic showcase of the Genos,the keyboard sounds fabulous,in your hands 😃😃 I could only wish I had your skills at tinkling the ivories 😁😁
I dont know how you earn your living,but Yamaha should really be putting you to good use,they're missing a trick if they don't 😃😃

Once again ,many thanks for a wonderful performance.

BTW the Genos sounds great thru my headphones.

Best wishes

PS I do know more about Joost now

Van den Broek Joost (After Forever)- Musician Profile
http://www.spirit-of-metal.com/membre_groupe/membre_groupe-nom-Van_den_Broek_Joost_-id-12575-l-en.html
[/s]

Please disregard the above in red,Joost is not this musician

Alan
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:18:53 AM by alans »
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000 and Tyros5

Offline CalUKGR

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2017, 03:31:32 AM »
Joost - thanks so much for this latest video. Your approach in this video was spot-on: just play the Genos and play a wide variety of styles. The direct audio recording was very enjoyable through my headphones. This is how videos should be made: no time-wasting chatter, no tedious explanations - just playing, showing off what the Genos can do with helpful titling of the various styles on demonstration. Really good work - can we have some more? I'd especially like to see an extended focus on some of the latin jazz and more modern, chilled styles - they sound so great!

Thank you again for finally bringing some sanity to YouTube Genos demo videos. I look forward eagerly to your next Genos showcase - keep it simple and let the music do the talking. You're doing a far better job at marketing the Genos than Yamaha have so far managed themselves!
Yamaha Genos | Roland A-800 Pro | Cubase 9 Elements | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape & Stylus RMX | Arturia Spark 2 | Yamaha APX 700II 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Offline alans

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 03:45:00 AM »
Joost - thanks so much for this latest video. Your approach in this video was spot-on: just play the Genos and play a wide variety of styles. The direct audio recording was very enjoyable through my headphones. This is how videos should be made: no time-wasting chatter, no tedious explanations - just playing, showing off what the Genos can do with helpful titling of the various styles on demonstration. Really good work - can we have some more? I'd especially like to see an extended focus on some of the latin jazz and more modern, chilled styles - they sound so great!

Thank you again for finally bringing some sanity to YouTube Genos demo videos. I look forward eagerly to your next Genos showcase - keep it simple and let the music do the talking. You're doing a far better job at marketing the Genos than Yamaha have so far managed themselves!

Exactly my thoughts 😀😀

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000 and Tyros5

Offline Paul B

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 04:07:22 AM »
Amazing Joost!
And the keyboard is ok too.  :)
Thank you so much for the entertainment and demonstration.
Paul
Paul B
Kenosha, WI / Mission, TX

Offline pjd

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2017, 06:36:16 AM »
Thanks very much! Nicely played. Yamaha should give you an discount for producing this video.

Pipe organ at roughly 17:40. Thanks.

Take care -- pj

The following users thanked this post: jdx100

Offline organaut

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 02:38:08 AM »
Really enjoyed this latest demo, the best yet of anything out there I feel. :)
Also shows how much better the factory OTS sound combinations are than they were on Tyros. :)

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 03:32:13 AM »

PS I do know more about Joost now

Van den Broek Joost (After Forever)- Musician Profile
http://www.spirit-of-metal.com/membre_groupe/membre_groupe-nom-Van_den_Broek_Joost_-id-12575-l-en.html

Haha Alan, that is definitely not me  ;D I'm really just the average home player in terms of usage. I had many years of musical education (arranger keyboard and pop/jazz piano lessons from my 7th - 21y) which still help me a lot.

The following users thanked this post: alans

Offline alans

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 03:52:18 AM »
Hello Joost

Sorry about that,I have  amended that page  so as not to mislead anyone.

Anyway thanks for the demos,really enjoyed them,and thank the music dealer for allowing you to use the Genos 😁😁

Alan
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:20:40 AM by alans »

Offline Keyboardist

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2017, 08:56:40 AM »
Joost as you said about yourself :   I'm really just the average home player in terms of usage;

Joost;  If your the average home keyboard player then well  :)  we  ;D  all should practice a lot more !!!
The years of your training and practice and study from a young age show with your expressive playing and style   :)

Get practicing Folks  ;D

Regards Craig
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 08:57:57 AM by Keyboardist »
Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page

Offline Joe H

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2017, 07:43:11 AM »
Haha Alan, that is definitely not me  ;D I'm really just the average home player in terms of usage. I had many years of musical education (arranger keyboard and pop/jazz piano lessons from my 7th - 21y) which still help me a lot.

Joost,

You are being modest.  Your musical training serves you well.

:)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html