Author Topic: Genos Tipsters demo of screen use  (Read 892 times)

Online alans

Genos Tipsters demo of screen use
« on: October 31, 2017, 08:16:53 AM »
A short demo of using the touch screen

Seems like they've got a demo Genos

https://youtu.be/M5WU5eL9ssY
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000 and Tyros5

Offline DavidB

Re: Genos Tipsters demo of screen use
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 08:56:33 AM »
Sorry Alan but I don't think they do have a demo Genos. From the backdrop they filmed that at the Yamaha launch they attended.

Still has interest though.

Regards,
Just don't mention Genos USB drive letter assignments :)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 09:22:32 AM »
This has been around for some time now. As far as I know the dealers have not got there Genos keyboards yet. This was filmed on there introduction day at Yamaha.

Online alans

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 09:56:37 AM »
DavidB and Eileen

Yes,of course, fooled me with the other youtube vid as well,silly me 😯😯

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000 and Tyros5

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 04:35:29 PM »
In this video, they seemed to be inferring that the Left, Right1, 2 and 3 Voice Part on/off status 'buttons' on the 'Home' display are just 'indicators', and cannot be touched to turn these parts on or off!

Is this really the case?

Regards

Ian

Online alans

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 06:59:53 AM »
In this video, they seemed to be inferring that the Left, Right1, 2 and 3 Voice Part on/off status 'buttons' on the 'Home' display are just 'indicators', and cannot be touched to turn these parts on or off!

Is this really the case?

Regards

Ian

Hi Ian

It seems that way,on/off for parts still done on r/h buttons,screen indicators seems to be for changing L/R part voices,touch to see categories.
From the videos I've seen they turn voices on/off only from the buttons

Alan

Offline maartenb

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 07:26:37 AM »

Is this really the case?

No. You can use the touch screen as well to turn parts on and off. I remember Martin Harris doing that in one of his videos.

Maarten
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 07:31:24 AM by maartenb »

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 07:27:55 AM »
Hi Alan,

I wouldn't just go on what 'Tyros Tipsters' (or whatever they are calling themselves today) say, but after seeing the latest incarnation of the Owner's and Reference manuals, it does seem that sadly this is the case!  :'(

I suppose that it reflects what can be done on the Tyros/PSR-S 'MAIN' displays, but I see that the voice parts can be switched on/off using the 'indicators' in the Genos 'Voice Part Setup' display, which can be opened directly by pressing the 'Voice' Gateway button, so there is at least an alternative to the panel buttons which are out on the far right.

However, since they have shown that they can implement 'active' buttons in one display, why not use a bit of imagination and do the same in the 'Home' display?

Regards

Ian

Offline DavidB

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 07:34:50 AM »
From the reference manual...

Indicates the current Voice and the on/off status of the part. Touching the Voice name calls up the Voice Selection display for the corresponding part. Touching the Part icon turns the part on/off.

Regards,
Just don't mention Genos USB drive letter assignments :)

Online alans

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 07:51:00 AM »
Thankyou DavidB

I stand corrected 😄😄

Alan

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 07:52:41 AM »
Hi David,

Which screen/display does this refer to?

I think that it is the 'Voice Setup' display, not the 'Home' display which is what I was asking about.

The 'Home' display is discussed on page 30 of the Owner's Manual, and the only statement made about the Voice Part section of this display is: 

"Voice area   Indicates the current Voices for each of the keyboard parts (Left and Right 13) and the on/off status of the four parts.    Touching a Voice name calls up the Voice Selection display for the corresponding part."

Of course, I would love to be proved wrong about this, and have functioning on/off buttons on the Home display too!

Regards

Ian

Online alans

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 08:09:32 AM »
Hi Ian

A page from the owners manual,it is possible to turn on/off parts from the screen home display

Alan
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:11:32 AM by alans »

Online gerard

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2017, 09:23:28 AM »
Yes you can turn on/off parts from the HOME display.
Some of the demo videos show this...

Gerard

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2017, 09:36:50 AM »
Hi Alan and Gerard,

Excellent news!  Thanks to you both.

Regards

Ian