Author Topic: mic headset  (Read 364 times)

Offline winternotes

mic headset
« on: October 28, 2017, 07:57:30 PM »
I usually play the keyboard and sing while sitting.However, lately, I find that I can get the crowd more into the gig if I stand. This creates a problem with having to change the mic position. A friend let me barrow his mic head set. While this would be convenient, that particular headset sounded terrible. Wrong frequency or something. Has anyone tried a mic that works well with the TYROS 4? Thanks in advance.
Bob
Having fun in retirement

Offline DrakeM

Re: mic headset
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 08:40:54 PM »
HI

I use the  Shure WH20QTR (has a 1/4" plug) Headset mic which is wired and a three foot extension cable. I use a PSR-S950 keyboard which has the same VH2 as is on your T4. I also used it with my old PSR-2000.

You can check out any and all my recorded songs listed in my library found below in my signature and also see me using it at YouTube as I have a few of songs posted there as well. Every thing is recorded live via my keyboard's wav recorder and then converted to an MP3.

Cost is about $80 usd.

Regards
Drake

Offline winternotes

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 12:34:21 PM »
Thats all I have to know: THANKS a BUNCH!!
Having fun in retirement

Offline DonM

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 12:38:47 PM »
I'm very pleased with the newer model Shure SM 35.
DonM

Offline winternotes

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 08:12:32 PM »
Well: Bought it, tried it, sounded good. However, got tangled up in the wires and could not keep it in place on my head!! Sent it back. Thanks, but I guess it aint 4 me!!
Having fun in retirement