Author Topic: Upgraded Voices On Genos  (Read 602 times)

Offline gerard

Upgraded Voices On Genos
« on: October 28, 2017, 05:58:07 AM »
Did Yamaha upgrade or update voices that were on the Tyros 5, and are also on the Genos?
Yes, there are new voices on the Genos.
I am wondering about the ones that are both on the Genos and Tyros 5.

Then, the styles that are both on the Genos and Tyros 5, did Yamaha rework the voices in the styles to point to some of the new voices?
It would be nice if all the voices were updated.
If not, I may have to tweak some styles to take advantage of the new voices.

Gerard

Offline EileenL

Re: Upgraded Voices On Genos
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 12:53:45 PM »
The Genos styles will have the new voicing and drum kits in them and most of the Tyros5 styles will probably be there.

Offline gerard

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 12:57:14 PM »
Thank you Eileen.
I am wondering if the Tyros styles will be revoiced....

Online Al Ram

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 01:57:21 PM »
I read in another post by Deanne that Genos will automatically revoice Tyros styles if needed.

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 04:36:57 PM »
Naturally, when a new instrumental version is released, the styles are sure to (at least) re-voice and mix again to take advantage of new voices, new DSPs. Whatever the style that was on the previous generation. And usually a new generation will always include all voices of the previous generation. Maybe the manufacturer will put a new name for Voices, that style ... but sound samples are sure to use the old database. So I think most of the voice and style of the old generation when put into the new generation will work perfectly normal, and sometimes even better.
Tyros 5 with MUTEC 2Gb + Roland RD-300NX