Author Topic: is there any way to get back to stuck firmware?  (Read 549 times)

Offline Musaed

is there any way to get back to stuck firmware?
« on: October 27, 2017, 08:44:00 AM »
Hi there i have Yamaha a3000 the original firmware was 1.01 i think, Now i upgrade it to 1.03. is there any way to get back to stuck firmware ?

Offline overover

Re: is there any way to get back to stuck firmware?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 09:10:30 AM »
Hi Musaed,

I don't understand, what you are meaning with "get back to stuck firmware".

Do you want to downgrade to the OLD Firmware version, or do you have "only" some problems to install the NEW version?

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 09:11:50 AM by overover »

The following users thanked this post: Musaed

Offline Musaed

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 09:17:29 AM »
Yes that what i need  downgrade to the OLD Firmware version

I have an issue with the keyboard i  rest  factory  but the problem not resolve. there note in format page says the factory reset operations dose note reset certain parameters. such as language setting and owner name. I want to reset every thing How?

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 10:39:31 AM »
Hi Musaed,

If you can't find the original firmware version, it might be worth trying the following, assuming that it is available on your A3000!

On my Tyros4 (and many other Tyros and PSR models) there is a 'Test Program' mode intended for service technicians.
It consists of a number of tests for various parameters of the keyboard, but it also includes a 'Factory Set' which the T4 Service manual describes as "Restores the Tyros4 to the factory initial setup. (Sets the initial data to the Flash ROM.)"

This does not reset the firmware version, but it does what seems to be a fuller reset than the options available from the menus, and will format your USER drive and expansion memory too, so back them up if necessary!   

I don't have an A3000 or the Service manual for it, and I don't know if this mode is available on an A3000, or if it would achieve what you want even if it is!

However if you want to try, here are instructions.

Note that if you try this, it is at your own risk!

You access the Test Program mode on the T4 (and other keyboards that I have the SMs for) as follows:

Turn on the [POWER] switch while holding down the [C#2], [F2], and [G#2] keys (ie. C#2 major).

If the Test mode is supported, the display should say TEST or similar.

The tests are numbered and you select a particular one by using the TEMPO+/- buttons or the Data Wheel.

To increase test item number: Press the [TEMPO+] button or turn the [DATA ENTRY] dial clockwise.
To decrease test item number: Press the [TEMPOľ] button or turn the [DATA ENTRY] dial counterclockwise.

The name of each test is shown as you move through them as above.

The 'Factory Set' test is the last but one 'test' on all the keyboards for which I have the SM.

To use the 'Factory Set', once it is shown in the display, press the style [START/STOP] button.
Note that all it does at this stage is to set a 'flag' which causes the reset when the keyboard restarts. You can't disable this once you have run the test, so don't run it until you really want to carry out the reset!

When the test shows 'OK', press the style [START/STOP] button to return to the 'test selection' mode and select the final 'test' which is EXIT. Execute it by pressing the style [START/STOP] button.

The keyboard should then boot up as normal. While this is happening the T4 SM warns not to turn off the power until you see the MAIN screen!

I did this once but it was a few years ago so I can't remember if the actual reset was carried out as part of the start up procedure after exiting the test program, or if I had to turn the power off and on again to force it.  However it did reset things like the 'Owner Name' which the 'System' resets don't do, so it appears to be a 'deeper' reset!

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 10:54:13 AM by tyrosaurus »

Offline Musaed

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 11:14:23 AM »
Thanks that was awesome information. I try it and it work, But the problem still there, My actually problem is when I'm using my Yamaha FC7 When i press it so fast I hear an electric noise with the tone  :'( strange i know . i don't know way even when i use my pitch-bend. :-\

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 11:25:12 AM »
Yes that what i need  downgrade to the OLD Firmware version

I have an issue with the keyboard i  rest  factory  but the problem not resolve. there note in format page says the factory reset operations dose note reset certain parameters. such as language setting and owner name. I want to reset every thing How?

Hi Musaed,

I don't have the Original Firmware version of the A3000. Maybe it is available from the Yamaha support.

But, WHAT is exactly the issue with the A3000 and it's NEW Firmware version? Did that problem appear the first time after updating the A3000?

You can download the A3000 Service Manual here:

---> https://elektrotanya.com/yamaha_psr-a3000_sm.pdf/download.html

When you are on this page, please WAIT for a short time, then click the on the appearing link "Get Manual" (in red letters, below the picture) to download the manual.

The keyboard shortcut to call up the internal Test Program is (as mentioned by Ian before) pressing "C#2 - F2 - G#2" keys while powering on the keyboard. A second method for the Test Program (on A3000) is pressing simultanously the three Voice Category buttons [Piano], [Brass] and [Oriental] while powering on.

Please read carefully the notes for Test number 081 (Factory Set), before executing!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 11:28:23 AM by overover »

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 01:38:52 PM »
Hi Musaed,

What function have you got assigned to the pedal socket that the FC7 is connected to?

What do you do that produces this noise?  Can you use the USB audio recorder to record the noise?  If it was just a short file, you may be able to attach it to a forum post.

I have an FC7 so if you supply the above details, I will set up my T4 in the same way to see if I can reproduce the 'noise'.

BTW, thanks to overover for the idea to get the SM from electrotanya.  I have got manuals from them before and I am aware of the procedure on the downloads page.  By following this procedure over many years, I have not been aware of any unexpected or unwanted 'extras' in the downloads!.

Regards

Ian

Offline Musaed

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 09:17:26 PM »
Listen i record it

Offline Musaed

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 09:20:42 PM »
And here the register file i use for this recorder memory bank number 4. But the issue with all voice in the instrument not only register.

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 09:53:43 PM »
... BTW, thanks to overover for the idea to get the SM from electrotanya.  I have got manuals from them before and I am aware of the procedure on the downloads page.  By following this procedure over many years, I have not been aware of any unexpected or unwanted 'extras' in the downloads!. ...

Hi Ian,

I work with the Firefox browser and have the browser extension "Adblock Plus" installed (with the filter "EasyList" activated). So, NO unwanted content is displayed, when I visit websites like "elektrotanya". The Manual files I downloaded from this site did NOT contain any unwanted software like adware or viruses in the past. :)

Best regards,
Chris

Offline Musaed

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 10:37:49 AM »
ِAny idea?