Author Topic: YEM V2.5  (Read 938 times)

Offline voodoo

YEM V2.5
« on: October 27, 2017, 06:40:22 AM »
Yamaha Expansion Manager (YEM) V2.5, available for Windows and Mac
The new version of YEM now supports Expansion Pack management and Preset Voice Edit for Genos.

What's new?
Expansion Pack management for Genos
Preset Voice edit for Genos
Fixed other minor problems

Preset voice edit for Genos. Is this what we wanted? Or is the a feature already available for Tyros?
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Bachus

Re: YEM V2.5
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 06:53:50 AM »
Preset voice edit for Genos. Is this what we wanted? Or is the a feature already available for Tyros?

This could be what we(many of us) wanted...
Allowing you to edit and change sounds in your Genos
Witouth having to upload whole packs..

Just connect your tablet to the genos, edit a sound and save it..
Lets wayt fore feedback..
Keyszone.boards.net for all the latest keyboard news and information.

Offline Bachus

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 07:02:04 AM »
Its not available yet on yamaha.eu
Neither is the yem2.5 manual

Never mind, it will be available on November 1st, thats next wendsday
Genos is coming soon!
Coinciding with this, Yamaha has completed additional software tools and even a first Genos Firmware Upgrade.

On 1st November 2017, Yamaha will provide the following assets via the Genos website and Genos product pages:

Genos Firmware V1.10

Yamaha Expansion Manager (YEM) V2.5

MEGAEnhancer V1.5.1

Customers are kindly asked to download and make use of these new tools. In order to use Yamaha Expansion Manager (YEM V2.5) for Expansion Pack installation, you will need to first install the latest Firmware V1.10 (installation will take about 1 minute).

Yamaha also will provide the first batch of converted Expansion Packs for Genos, available from 1st November on yamahamusicsoft.com. More packs will be released in monthly batches, a release schedule can be found on the Genos concept site. Owners of previous Premium packs can get free upgrade Packs for Genos and are kindly asked to check their Yamaha MusicSoft account for more information.

Furthermore, in early November Yamaha will provide free Bonus Playlists suggesting the best songs to be played with onboard styles.

Also several other assets such as videos, guide books, a reference manual and more will be released soon.

Genos Firmware V1.10
It supports Voice Edit and Pack installation via YEM V2.5, also adds new functions such as Audio Multi Recording, Search function on Playlist and other optimised features.

What's new?
Audio Multi Recording function is available
Search function while adding the Playlist
Supports use with the Yamaha Expansion Manager (V2.5.0 or later).
Supports Expansion Audio Style
Wireless LAN status can be checked on the Time display
Improved the performance of the instrument
Registration Memory can additionally save following parameters
Arpeggio Velocity
Arpeggio Gate Time
Arpeggio Unit Multiply
Style Retrigger Rate
Style Retrigger On/Off
Style Retrigger On/Off & Rate

Yamaha Expansion Manager (YEM) V2.5, available for Windows and Mac
The new version of YEM now supports Expansion Pack management and Preset Voice Edit for Genos.

What's new?
Expansion Pack management for Genos
Preset Voice edit for Genos
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 07:07:44 AM by Bachus »

The following users thanked this post: Dromeus

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 07:06:16 AM »
Its not available yet on yamaha.eu
Neither is the yem2.5 manual
It's announced for 1st November 2017-
Regards, Michael

Offline voodoo

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 07:07:53 AM »
I discovered, that preset voice edit is possible for Tyros 5 since YEM V2.2:

Version 2.2.0 (Windows/ Mac) : December 2014
Features:
Tyros5 preset voices (incl. drum voices) can be edited via Yamaha Expansion Manager.

I never realized that this is possible. Here you can even combine elements from several voices to one new custom voice. So probably the same will be possible for Genos.
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Bachus

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 07:08:15 AM »
It's announced for 1st November 2017-

Yes, just found out and changed my post

Offline Enildo

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 07:27:35 AM »

I never realized that this is possible. Here you can even combine elements from several voices to one new custom voice. So probably the same will be possible for Genos.

Hello Uli!
Where did you press for it to be possible?

Thank you,
Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

The following users thanked this post: mikimiki

Offline pjd

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 07:37:55 AM »

Hi Uli --

I figured that this is why they shipped the UVFs for all of the legacy voices with YEM. Thank you very much, cheap entertainment for the reverse engineering inclined.  ;)

I never had a T5 to try preset editing. Gives me more hope for the Genos.

All the best to ya -- pj

Offline voodoo

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 07:38:05 AM »
Hello Uli!
Where did you press for it to be possible?

Thank you,
Enildo

This only works, if a Tyros 5 information file is registered. Then do the following steps:

* + Create Tyros5 Custom Normal Voice
* select voice to edit
* double click the new custom voice to open the editor
* select an element
* > Change to other voice element
* select voice and element to insert

Does this help? I found this information here: https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?topic=29697.0

Uli
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline voodoo

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 07:39:10 AM »
I figured that this is why they shipped the UVFs for all of the legacy voices with YEM.

Yes exactly. I needed time to get this connection....

Uli
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Enildo

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 08:07:10 AM »
This only works, if a Tyros 5 information file is registered. Then do the following steps:

* + Create Tyros5 Custom Normal Voice
* select voice to edit
* double click the new custom voice to open the editor
* select an element
* > Change to other voice element
* select voice and element to insert

Does this help? I found this information here: https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?topic=29697.0

Uli

Thank you Uli! Got it!
It worked, but since I do not have Tyros I can not use it.
It would be nice if it were released to the PSR sx70 line as well.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2017, 08:30:53 AM »
Yes, as you have discovered you can edit or swap preset voice elements from Ty5. There are of course snags. It is not possible to set note or velocity ranges for the preset elements (which WAS possible in the earlier PC Editors! ) so you have to do the best you can with the default settings. This severely limits the usefulness of this aspect of YEM for me. Luckily I got most of this type of Voice creation done with earlier Tyros's when this was possible.
Hopefully these features "might" be reinstated with the YEM/Genos update.
Also only certain types of Voice were available on Tyros for editing by element.  Live Cool and Sweet OK but SA voices are not available for example and they are becoming the majority voice type on later keyboards.
John

Offline overover

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2017, 08:47:56 AM »
This could be what we(many of us) wanted...
Allowing you to edit and change sounds in your Genos
Without having to upload whole packs ...

I hope, they did improve this Preset Edit function fundamentally in Genos.

In Tyros5, that function is, in my opinion, nearly useless, because one has to overwrite the whole Expansion Memory in many cases, even if only one little change was made at such an edited Preset Voice. 

Moreover, to my knowledge, Keymapping is not yet available for edited Preset Voices on Tyros5.

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 09:18:09 AM »

In Tyros5, that function is, in my opinion, nearly useless, because one has to overwrite the whole Expansion Memory in many cases, even if only one little change was made at such an edited Preset Voice. 

Moreover, to my knowledge, Keymapping is not yet available for edited Preset Voices on Tyros5.

If you are installing new voices made from presets and transfer them to Tyros via WiFi from YEM  it only takes seconds because preset samples do not need to be stored onto the memory module. So the existing packs etc. are not involved and no reformatting is necessary.
Nowadays the "worst" delay from the process is having to turn off the keyboard and wait for it to start up again  :)
John

Offline Bachus

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2017, 09:21:05 AM »

Thank you for umderstanding me...

Offline overover

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 10:07:01 AM »
If you are installing new voices made from presets and transfer them to Tyros via WiFi from YEM  it only takes seconds because preset samples do not need to be stored onto the memory module. So the existing packs etc. are not involved and no reformatting is necessary.
Nowadays the "worst" delay from the process is having to turn off the keyboard and wait for it to start up again  :)
John

Hi John,

yes, you're right: Via WiFi, in most cases no reformatting will be necessary, when transferring edited Preset Voices from YEM to Tyros5. Only the Voice Set files (.vce) will be installed at HD1 drive in that case.

But via USB stick, normally a reformatting will be initiated. To test an edited Preset Voice, one can make a small .ppi file, that only contains the one Voice or one Pack, but finally one will have to reinstall the complete Expansion contents.

By the way: Edited Preset Voices can also be combined with User Samples. But in Tyros5, this is a little bit "confusing" at the moment, since no Wave files directly can be used, but the Waves must be imported as "User Wave" first. In opinion, these steps should be made much easier.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 10:52:41 AM by overover »

Offline pjd

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 10:34:00 AM »

Hi Uli --

Doesn't look like it's possible to edit what Yamaha calls a "waveform," namely, the choice of sample, individual sample levels, key ranges, velocity ranges, and so forth at the sample level. I suppose this "idiot proofs" the editor since it would be so easy to break a voice at that level. (This restriction only applies to preset Yamaha Tyros voices. People are free to be idiots with their own samples.  :D )

The current capability should be enough to do what I need to do with Genos. A user doesn't get to mess about too much with built-in waveforms even in Motif, MOX, Montage. The MMMs still let you set the key and velocity ranges for individual waveforms/elements, which is what John needs.

By the way, thanks for the personal mail which sent me on the path to righteousness.  ;)

-- pj

P.S. Hmmm, maybe they restricted sample-level editing for preset voices because they would need to make available a lot more info about the built-in samples/waveforms -- well beyond what's in the UVF XML.  ???