Author Topic: midi player and style  (Read 547 times)

Offline Nunnus

midi player and style
« on: October 23, 2017, 08:40:17 PM »
Hello,

Anyone knows if Genos can play all the midi 16tracks and the all style section at same time?

on t5 only can play 8 tracks on midi and 8 on style...

regards

Offline valimaties

Re: midi player and style
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 12:22:15 AM »
Hello,

Anyone knows if Genos can play all the midi 16tracks and the all style section at same time?

regards

I think I don't understand the question!

On Tyros 5 you can make styles on 16 channels and it can be played only 8. I don't think there is an arranger in the world that can play more than 8 channels in a style!

Now I'm at work, I don't have my T5 in front of me, but I think if you don't assign a chord table in CASM section to a channel that is a part of CHD or PHR or other track, I think it plays more than 8 channels in the same time. But is nonsense, it will be a wrong approach!

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 01:12:10 AM »
Hi

Read the concept about 16 channels at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/articles/style_11.htm

The 16 channels in style file are re-diected to 8 channels when played in keyboard using the CASM settings.

No idea in playing 16 channels simultaneously...  ;)

Jørgen
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

Offline voodoo

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 02:51:18 AM »
Hello,

regards

The Tyros has 32 parts:

* 16 for song
* 8 for style
* 4 for multipad
* 4 for panel voices

Thus it could play 16 midi tracks and 8 style tracks at the same time.

But it is a feature, that when played at the same time, the upper 8 song parts are muted and replaced by the 8 style tracks, but using the chord sequence from the song.

This is no limitation, but a feature. by this you can record your style play to a midi song, and change the style afterwards. It's kind of chord sequencer.

Uli
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 02:52:59 AM by voodoo »
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline valimaties

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 06:54:15 AM »
for me is a limitation, if was a feature you can simple turn it off, and we can not, if we want play the 16ch of midi with the 8 of the style, it´s not possible on t5,

so my question is, if Genos can play it all at same time?

Thank you :-)

Sorry for my stupid question, but why do you want a "xx" channels midi play?! What do you want to do with a midi with 16 channels and a style in the same time?!

Offline valimaties

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 09:09:03 AM »
If you play with midi in my country it might be possible of a wrestling on the way  ;D We play 99% on styles, and 1% without any styles but only instruments (split keyboard, bass on left hand and guitars with strings on right hand).
Personaly on my T5 I don't have any midi file. All songs that we sing from my keyboard are from styles I've made in time. When performing, if O'm intreruped by someone or something, it's very easy using a fill to retrigger to first verse of a song's part.
Realy, I think you have complicate to much with midi, and styles playing over midi and midi over style and so on... using registrations and select while style playing it seems more profi to me.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 09:10:43 AM by valimaties »