Author Topic: Oostendorp - Nov 4  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Joe W

Oostendorp - Nov 4
« on: October 22, 2017, 03:15:08 PM »
Peter Baartmans Demo
Zaterdagavond 4 November
Oostendorp Genos Primeur
Gratis tickets via Eventbrite nl

https://www.eventbrite.nl/e/tickets-oostendorp-genos-primeur-met-peter-baartmans-38430109492?aff=bannerhp
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline kla4

Re: Oostendorp - Nov 4
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 04:25:52 AM »
Just heard from Oostendorp Sander Tournier will be at the show as well!  (So two top-entertainers)
Genos, Viscount Legend Live,  Cubase 9, MSP7's, SW10, QU-16, Bose L1's, EV 18"sub

Offline Bachus

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 01:39:20 AM »
So who is going Tonight?
I will be there
Looking forward to this semi theatre performance
Keyszone.boards.net for all the latest keyboard news and information.

Offline Tom NL

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 02:58:07 AM »
So who is going Tonight?
I will be there
Looking forward to this semi theatre performance

Me too Bachus! I am also looking forward to what undoubtedly will be a very enjoyable demo and performance. This will be the first time for me to see and hear the Genos live. I have a great respect for Peter's musical talent and look forward to getting to know Sander Tournier, who will be joining Peter this time.

Hope you have a great evening as well and look forward to reading about your observations.

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 04:20:19 AM »
Bachus,

Nice that you'll be there.  I hope someone posts some video!!  Of course if Yamaha did that would be the best.  Enjoy the show!

I know I've posted elsewhere on the forum I got to see Peter Baartmans playing the CVP 709GP in a small setting in a music store in Orlando, Florida, he was great!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 04:21:47 AM by stephenm52 »
GENOS, Clavinova CVP 307, PSR s970, Korg Pa4x-76
PSR Performer Page  -  Steve's Gig Disks[/u]

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 06:22:33 AM »
I'll be there too.
Now waiting for my Genos.
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline Bachus

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 07:36:54 AM »
Bachus,

Nice that you'll be there.  I hope someone posts some video!!  Of course if Yamaha did that would be the best.  Enjoy the show!

I know I've posted elsewhere on the forum I got to see Peter Baartmans playing the CVP 709GP in a small setting in a music store in Orlando, Florida, he was great!

I don’t think video’s by,y iphone will do the Genos much good..
But i will make some and post them to give people an impression of the show itselves
There is room for 500 people, wondering how many seats will actually be taken

Offline willem7397

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 07:49:02 AM »
Yes, I also got 4 tickets. Will be a nice event for sure.

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 08:31:52 AM »
I don’t think video’s by,y iphone will do the Genos much good..
But i will make some and post them to give people an impression of the show itselves
There is room for 500 people, wondering how many seats will actually be taken

Yes you’re right about cell phone videos, I was thinking more in terms of the “Master Peter Baartman’s “ demo.
GENOS, Clavinova CVP 307, PSR s970, Korg Pa4x-76
PSR Performer Page  -  Steve's Gig Disks[/u]

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2017, 01:32:38 PM »
Here is a link to the copy of the live performance by Peter Baartmanns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BibApWQe_uQ&feature=youtu.be

Rick D.

Offline Patt22

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2017, 01:45:31 PM »
Voici le lien en différé :

https://youtu.be/BibApWQe_uQ

https://youtu.be/IQfELXMNVOY

http://tyros.fr/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=7140

Les liens sont retirés, mais étaient visible aprês quelques temps, j'ai pu revoir les 2 vidéos  aprés le direct, désolé ...

Patrick
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 03:19:57 AM by Patt22 »

Offline Bachus

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2017, 03:37:04 PM »
I had a very nice evening..

Peter was great as allways and Sander was a pleasant surprise
Sadly the room ambience/acoustics where really bad..

I heared the Genos earlier this week trough its own speakerset in a small shop
And there everything sounded way more dynamic

Peter started the demo by saying that n this imstrument no compromises where made
Ths is the absolute best that yamaha can do..
Which made me smile..

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 05:59:59 PM »
Enjoyed the videos with no understanding of the language.  If Yamaha hopes to generate more interest among younger players----those who play contemporary styles, wonder why they don’t feature some gifted players, who play that kind of music?  Can middle age men (and older) in suits, ties, gray hair, etc. get the younger generation’s interest, even tho’ they demonstrate contemporary styles on the Genos very well?  Shouldn’t the demonstrators “look” the part, as well, with all the trappings of dress and other symbols of the pop/rock culture?

Offline rattley

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2017, 06:45:42 PM »
This was a great demonstration of Genos. At the 37 minute mark Lola brought tears to my eyes.......... Interesting thing about videos done in any other language but English.........All the Yamaha trade names for different functions like music finder, registrations, arpegiator,  use English.  So its not that hard to figure out what is being said. Why is this??  Why wouldn't everything be in the language of the source??  -charley

Offline Stratcat

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2017, 10:56:44 PM »
charley, I was thinking the exact same thing about the use of english for some features or hardware items while watching the video.
Jim
Best Wishes,
Jim
PSR S970, 1987 Strat+

Offline alans

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2017, 01:32:31 AM »
Enjoyed the videos with no understanding of the language.  If Yamaha hopes to generate more interest among younger players----those who play contemporary styles, wonder why they don’t feature some gifted players, who play that kind of music?  Can middle age men (and older) in suits, ties, gray hair, etc. get the younger generation’s interest, even tho’ they demonstrate contemporary styles on the Genos very well?  Shouldn’t the demonstrators “look” the part, as well, with all the trappings of dress and other symbols of the pop/rock culture?

Yamaha are in somewhat of a conundrum here,trying to appeal to younger users at the same time as not wanting to alienate  established Tyros users.What the eventual outcome of this will be is yet to be seen.
Many words have already been written on this subject by more knowledgable people than me,but IMHO I don't see many younger people being attracted to Genos somehow,it will remain an arranger keyboard mainly for those who just want to sit and play.
You do have a good point however about older musicians seen to be demonstrating EDM type music,excellent musicians such as Peter Baartmans just do not look the part 😁😁
What the answer is I do  not know,time will tell

Alan
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 02:43:28 AM by alans »
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000 and Tyros5

Offline willem7397

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2017, 01:58:56 AM »
I attended the demo as well and must agree with Bachus that the room acoustics was poor, still the sound was good enough to get an impression of the Genos quality, e.g. when Peter talked about and demo-ed revo drums you could clearly hear his point.
Afterwards you could have a look at a demo unit connected to the Genos speakerset, somebody was playing on it but there was too much background noise to hear it well.
Nothing beats playing the thing yourselve with a good headphone or speaker set in a silent store.

Regarding the point of older musicians I'm afraid that's one of the reasons young people are not attracted.
My 17 yr old daughter plays guitar and sings at my occassional gigs. When she performs nobody care's anymore about me; the middle aged keyboard player providing the backings ;D
I asked her if she would join us to yesterdays demo event. She replied, no of course not, it's all older guys and Baartman is just a better player than you are but it's still a keyboard (rolling with the eyes  :()

Offline kla4

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2017, 06:33:07 AM »
Charley,
This demo-show was in the Netherlands and 99,9% of the audience was Dutch, so absolute no need to use another language than Dutch. (Peters' 1st langauge as well)

I like the registration very much because of the excellent audio quality, therefore I immediately downloaded the files and have them on my system.
If it is allowed I could share them via Wetransfer.

Roel

Genos, Viscount Legend Live,  Cubase 9, MSP7's, SW10, QU-16, Bose L1's, EV 18"sub

Offline DavidB

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2017, 08:45:45 AM »
This was a great demonstration of Genos. At the 37 minute mark Lola brought tears to my eyes.......... Interesting thing about videos done in any other language but English.........All the Yamaha trade names for different functions like music finder, registrations, arpegiator,  use English.  So its not that hard to figure out what is being said. Why is this??  Why wouldn't everything be in the language of the source??  -charley

I can only speak from a German perspective (being married to a lady from said country) but there is a new language in Germany, has been for a number of years called Neudeutsch or New German which to all intents and purposes is English. You see it on many shop fronts and in many spoken words particularly for technology. I imagine it is exactly the same in many other countries too.

It was really the computer/PC/smartphone revolution that started it all. I think English was picked because of it's existing universal use (airport signs for example) and because many of the phrases used were first used in English.

Of course it's very convenient for us English speakers but I can't help feeling it's yet another excuse for those of us born to countries with English as their mother tongue not to bother learning a foreign language.

Hope that helps,
Just don't mention Genos USB drive letter assignments :)

Online StuartR

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2017, 09:09:18 AM »
I had a very nice evening..

Peter was great as allways and Sander was a pleasant surprise
Sadly the room ambience/acoustics where really bad..

I heared the Genos earlier this week trough its own speakerset in a small shop
And there everything sounded way more dynamic

Peter started the demo by saying that n this imstrument no compromises where made
Ths is the absolute best that yamaha can do..
Which made me smile..

The room acoustics aside, listening to the YouTube of the demonstration through a good pair of earbuds really revealed the dynamic presence and quality of the Genos sound. Truly inspiring.

Offline Bachus

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2017, 10:40:51 AM »
Seems Oostendorp pulled their video’s from the interwebs

You can find my little impression here

http://keyszone.boards.net/thread/486/live-demo-genos-zwolle

The following users thanked this post: mrplum

Offline voodoo

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2017, 01:12:44 PM »
Seems Oostendorp pulled their video’s from the interwebs

You can find my little impression here

http://keyszone.boards.net/thread/486/live-demo-genos-zwolle

Bachus,

thanks for your videos.  Very interesting. Seemed to be big audience. At Thomann with Sadi it was a more familiar event in a comfortable Amphitheater.

But I am surprised, how they praise the joystick as a new invention. Thirty years ago, my Korg DS-8 had a joystick, and I liked it.  8)

Uli
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2017, 07:55:38 AM »
Here the download

https://we.tl/pJPJRXFPGm
Best Regards,
Wim

The following users thanked this post: Peter Hinsen, AndrewKeyz

Offline Tom NL

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2017, 10:13:29 AM »
Thank you Wim, great job!

For those that have not seen this one: it is the same demo the Peter did for Keymusic in Belgium the next day, that is also posted on this forum. Including the jokes (for which you have to understand Dutch of course  ;)). I found the flow of the Keymusic show a bit better, most likely because the show in Holland was the very first one.

Anyway, hope you all  enjoy it!

Offline maartenb

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2017, 06:09:46 AM »
You can now watch the demonstration on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QS_1AfHptw

It contains the complete demonstration of Peter and Sander, including them talking Dutch.

Maarten

The following users thanked this post: Arnie, pjd, voodoo

Offline voodoo

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2017, 06:11:50 AM »
You can now watch the demonstration on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QS_1AfHptw

It contains the complete demonstration of Peter and Sander, including them talking Dutch.

Maarten

Thank you, very good link.
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2017, 08:53:24 AM »
Link does'nt work for me.
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline maartenb

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2017, 10:37:14 AM »
Weird, link works fine here...

Maarten

Offline ckobu

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2017, 04:01:50 AM »
This is a demonstration of Peter without speaking.

https://youtu.be/_Vald7pGD9o
Watch my video channel